Best polish for hand application (no machine)

1hot281

Established Member

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
You cant polish by hand, you can only fill defects.

The best sealant wax imo is Collinite 845. I love this shit, used it on my parents boat and was amazing watching the water bead off on the lake.

1hot281

Established Member
1hot281, of those two, which do like better? Also, what would be a top of the line wax to use after polishing?

Zymol HD Cleanse would be my choice.

As for wax, it all depends how much you want to spend, and if you want ready made, or custom blended.

For bargain waxes (under $50) i'd go with:
Poorboys Natty... For dark colored paint: poorboysworld.com & for lighter colored paint: http://www.poorboysworld.com/natty.htm

Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance » Collinite

For waxes under $100 I'd go with:
ZYMOL TITANIUM GLAZE 8 oz

Pinnacle Souveran™ Carnauba Paste Wax shimmers on black paint, dazzles on red paint. World's Finest Carnauba Wax. Car wax, carnuba car wax, paste wax, pinnacle wax, paint protection, car wax for black car, wax for red car

For waxes under $200 I'd go with
ZYMOL CONCOURS GLAZE 8 oz

Wolfgang Fzion Carnauba-Polymer Estate Wax

If you're gonna spend more than $200, I'd look into a custom blended wax.

Last edited:

T0RCH3D

Established Member
I am a fan of 845 as well, its hard to downplay this product since I have had so much success with it! Durability is second to none IMO.

RC-5.0

Established Member
You can apply waxes and sealants (which btw, Collinite 845 is a wax, not a sealant) by hand, but polishing is best done with a machine. Not sure if you just used the word "polish" and meant "wax".
Most of what was offered in the posts above mine are great choices.
I recommend going here, and watching some how to vids, even if you dont buy their products (but I use them):
Instructional Detailing Videos

RC

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Polish is a term widely used with no specific definition. Polishing can certainly mean an LSP, but most commonly used as a corrective or abrasive step.

With that being said, if you're looking for an affordable LSP (wax or sealant), check out beforementioned collinite 845. Budget friendly, and lasts quite a while while giving a great finish.

If you haven't had the chance, check out the thread we did here @ Lethal. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...xtreme-makeover-lethal-performance-style.html

We have the 845 in stock, as well as the other kits to help you get a flawless shine again.

If you have any questions, please let me know

John

stangfreak

Established Member
845 is not a polish. Can you apply a polish by hand? yes. Certain polishes you can. Not all. Meaning, when doing it by hand, you won't fully break down the micro polishes and causes all kinds of problems like hazing. Griots hand polish is decent

But polishing by hand, your wasiting your time and energy

RC-5.0

Established Member
Polish is a term widely used with no specific definition. Polishing can certainly mean an LSP, but most commonly used as a corrective or abrasive step.

With that being said, if you're looking for an affordable LSP (wax or sealant), check out beforementioned collinite 845. Budget friendly, and lasts quite a while while giving a great finish.

If you haven't had the chance, check out the thread we did here @ Lethal. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...xtreme-makeover-lethal-performance-style.html

We have the 845 in stock, as well as the other kits to help you get a flawless shine again.

If you have any questions, please let me know

John

Just went to order the collinite from your website. $12+ for shipping to S. FL? :cuss:
Cancelled that order.

stangfreak

Established Member
porter cable is a great machine, but griots is a bit more powerful and is a more favored DA

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Just went to order the collinite from your website. $12+ for shipping to S. FL? :cuss:
Cancelled that order.

lol $12 aint shit son.

You must not know what it costs for someones time to find a box, package it, produce the shipping label, etc. Thats someones time that must be paid for.

RC-5.0

Established Member
lol $12 aint shit son.

You must not know what it costs for someones time to find a box, package it, produce the shipping label, etc. Thats someones time that must be paid for.

Well DAD,
I only live an hour from this place, and the shipping on ebay is FREE :banana:
Plus, that' almost as much as the product itself. It takes 5 minutes to package and ship an item.:rolleyes:
RC

Users who are viewing this thread