Best places to list a car for sale?

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
i was thinking about selling my 07....maybe not

just curious...how much you asking?

What's your asking price?
Do you have pictures?

Those are things that influence my decision usually. Someone looking for an '07 Mustang GT is probably not going to be an enthusiast IMO. I'd rather spend a few extra grand to get a term or lightning.

asking $22,500. in my area thats about $2k lower than average retail for an 07. click the link in my sig to see pics. let me know what you guys think.

Coiled03

Established Member
asking $22,500. in my area thats about $2k lower than average retail for an 07. click the link in my sig to see pics. let me know what you guys think.

You're probably going to have to drop the price even further. No one is going to pay $22,500 for a car that's a perceived gas hog in these times.

I don't know much about S197s - do they get decent mileage? If so, do your ads say as much? If it's really not a gas guzzler, you might want to dispel that notion in your advertisements.

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
unfortunatly you have thousands of other ads to compete with. The s197 isn't the best looking car in the world either, i believe that's 65% of the problem

i know that, in general, this is an anti-S197 site but the 'outside' automotive world as well as many enthusiasts have agreed that this is one of the best mustangs ever both in terms of styling and build quality. would you rather it look like a GTO ?

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
You're probably going to have to drop the price even further. No one is going to pay $22,500 for a car that's a perceived gas hog in these times.

I don't know much about S197s - do they get decent mileage? If so, do your ads say as much? If it's really not a gas guzzler, you might want to dispel that notion in your advertisements.

not a bad thought. according to the computer, i'm averaging 19.2 MPG.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
The last time I was in the wife's it showed 21 mpg. We will have had it since last Oct. and it only has 2,200 miles on it. Her's is an auto Gt.

canibus

Established Member
i know that, in general, this is an anti-S197 site but the 'outside' automotive world as well as many enthusiasts have agreed that this is one of the best mustangs ever both in terms of styling and build quality. would you rather it look like a GTO ?

i'd rather they both look different. I don't mean to offend you, but the car is ugly to me. it always has been. i might never own a gt500 because of the way it looks, not what it costs. i just really think ford could've done things visually differently.

canibus

Established Member
can you enlighten me a bit on that? how does it work and how do i go about do it?

you take your car to a dealer and have them sell it for you, once they do, you pick up your money. they do this for a fee ofcourse but they'll do all the leg work for you. call ford or a used car lot in your area and see what they can do for you

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
It's a tough market for v-8's right now....I have been flipping used Focus's and Cavaliers now and they usually only last a week and I only list them on Craigslist.......the longest I sat on one was 9 days.

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
i'd rather they both look different. I don't mean to offend you, but the car is ugly to me. it always has been. i might never own a gt500 because of the way it looks, not what it costs. i just really think ford could've done things visually differently.

no offense taken, you're just expressing your opinion which is what this site is for. i've been a mustang and ford guy for along time and it just always seems people in this niche are always the most resistent to change. comparably speaking of course. i pretty much like every mustang on some level. I've owned just about every encarnation of late models.

you take your car to a dealer and have them sell it for you, once they do, you pick up your money. they do this for a fee ofcourse but they'll do all the leg work for you. call ford or a used car lot in your area and see what they can do for you

not a bad idea. i would probably approach a wholesale lot first.

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
It's a tough market for v-8's right now....I have been flipping used Focus's and Cavaliers now and they usually only last a week and I only list them on Craigslist.......the longest I sat on one was 9 days.

thanks for the info...

Users who are viewing this thread