Best places to list a car for sale?

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
Ok guys, I've just about had it with this market. I've had my 07 for sale for 3 months now and nothing. No bites, no tirekickers, no nothing. I've gotten a whopping total of 3 legitimate emails on the thing and I've listed it everywhere I can think of. Including but not limited to the following:

craigslist (in multiple areas, not just my city)
local paper (even a few surrounding papers in nearby cities)
ebay
autotrader
cars.com
every major mustang/ford forum site you can think of

I have even done searches on "list your car for sale" in google and put it up on countless other "free" listing sites. I'm all out of ideas. My price is fair, the car is top notch, my photos are good. What am I doing wrong? I know everyone says the market sucks right now but damn... I am just at a loss for words as to the fact that I've not even gotten one single solid offer on this car in 3 months. Anyone have any other ideas on where/how to list a car for sale to get it sold????

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
sound like me.. market has ALOT to do with it..dealers are takin hits big-time on SUV an truck sales..same could be said for g/g cars..If you've exhausted every other options, you might try parking it in a lot or your yard with a sign on it :shrug: most kids got out of highschool or will be and you never know some person might pick it up for a graduation present.

I've been trying to sell my Terminator for 6 months. same probs. sucky market, but a good time of year for sportscar sales.. I've attempted to keep it out of classifieds to rid myself of tire kickers/joyriders, but I might be hurting more than helping since ya can't sell, what ya can't see. or is readily avalible.

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
sound like me.. market has ALOT to do with it..dealers are takin hits big-time on SUV an truck sales..same could be said for g/g cars..If you've exhausted every other options, you might try parking it in a lot or your yard with a sign on it :shrug: most kids got out of highschool or will be and you never know some person might pick it up for a graduation present.

I've been trying to sell my Terminator for 6 months. same probs. sucky market, but a good time of year for sportscar sales.. I've attempted to keep it out of classifieds to rid myself of tire kickers/joyriders, but I might be hurting more than helping since ya can't sell, what ya can't see. or is readily avalible.

I hope its the market. I'd be happy to get a tirekicker or joyrider. It would make me feel wanted. My mechanic buddy is a BMW tech at a dealership and he told me they are very slow right now. i guess everyone is hanging on to their money. If BMW owners are hanging on to their money then i'm scared...

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
Are you listing in different areas on craigslist? My car went in a week on there.

yeah i am. i'm in mobile and i've listed it in:

birmingham, al
montgomery, al
pensacola, fl
orlando, fl
miami, fl
jacksonville, fl
pascagoula, ms
biloxi, ms
atlanta, ga

all i get are nigerian scammers

SNCBOOM

Established Member
What's your asking price?
Do you have pictures?

Those are things that influence my decision usually. Someone looking for an '07 Mustang GT is probably not going to be an enthusiast IMO. I'd rather spend a few extra grand to get a term or lightning.

Last edited by a moderator:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
unfortunately those mustangs are now a dime a dozen. i just traded mine in on a fusion

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Someone looking for an '07 Mustang GT is probably not going to be an enthusiast IMO. I'd rather spend a few extra grand to get a term or lightning.

The S197 chassis is nice and stiff and better suited for road course or autox than a SN95. However someone looking to do that type of racing is likely to look past a super clean/immaculate car since it will get tore up quick with that kind of racing abuse.

If it was a V6 in question then i would see being able to call it as being not for the enthusiast. I know lots of local stang guys who got 05+ GT's and are fully satisfied with them (however all would love a 450hp Cobra as well).

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I stand corrected. I really had no idea as I'm not an OT'er

SVTcobra2

Established Member
i had a thought. maybe now that the market sucks, maybe a car that stands out would sell better. not turbo or s/c, but things such as wheels and that may make the car stand out from the rest and help it sell?

SNCBOOM

Established Member
WTF are you talking about? That doesn't even make a car more valuable when gas isn't expensive.

SVTcobra2

Established Member
im not saying more valuable. im saying if there is a bunch of mustangs on the market and they all look the same. maybe someone who actually willing to buy a mustang these days would rather have one with a few cosmetics for about the same price.

sorry its late and i need to go to sleep:shrug:

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I tried to sell my 5.0 a couple of months back and no one was interested. I may try again since I was a little high on it. The biggest reason you can't get rid of these cars is fact they like gas. The only reason I was selling mine was it's not driven at all. I put 1,000 miles on it in 6 months. It took me 4 months to drive the Lightning 100 miles. Anyway, good luck selling it.

Users who are viewing this thread