Best place to get a Gates supercharger belt

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
I did a search and found many posts on belts but not one on where to purchase a Gates H/D green belt. I think I need a 74 inch belt as the car has a 2.93 pulley with a stock lower and no additional idlers. I could go to NAPA but I'm not sure they have belts made buy Gates. Thanks for your help.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Do you have any NAPA stores near you? The NAPA brand belts are made by Gates, even the HD ones are green. Just make sure to tell them you need a HD one.

cj428mach

Established Member
Rockauto is the way to go. I got one of their Napa belts for like $10 and it was on when I had my 2.8" pulley on my Whipple pushing about 18.5 psi.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Rockauto is good, just ordered a couple different sizes from Amazon yesterday in the $20 range. I knew I was sending some back so I went Amazon cause I know it's no hassle to send back stuff.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Thanks for the replies, I will try two different size belts to see witch one is best. I'm not sure if I should get a 74 inch or a 74.5.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I did what another member suggested and ran a string the belt route. Marked where they met at the end and took a tape measure to it. Mine ended up low 77 so ordered a 77.25 and the next size smaller since the string method might be a over estimate due to stretch and keeping the string straight throughout the route.
Just checked paid $26 for a regular and $33 for a HD with free 2 day shipping. Can't go wrong Rockauto or Amazon.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I got mine from O'reily's for $30 but if you don't need it this minute rock auto would be cheaper.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
The reason I like getting mine at the local NAPA is if I get the wrong size I can return it w/o the shipping issues.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
RockAuto is cheap.

I just got a Gates Green from Amazon.com the other day. It was sold under the AC Delco brand, but same part number and markings on the belt. $30.

Users who are viewing this thread