Best place to find a cheap flight?

dooberGN

Established Member
Need a flight from Cleveland to Myrtle Beach departing April 24th returning April 28th. What are your go to sites finding the cheapest price? I would prefer to leave early morning but that's obviously going to be higher in price.

HandBanana

Established Member
Expedia. Southwest if the airport carries that airline. Lastly JetBlue, even though that is a horrendous travel experience typically, it's dirt cheap.

LUBaseball2

Established Member
Kayak will send you a price alert to your e-mail too everyday if you want. I bought my tickets to New Orleans next week through them a month or two ago and just waited until they notified me of the price I was closest to wanting to pay.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I've read but can't confirm that if you use a travel site and decide not to purchase the ticket right then you should clear your cookies before you go back. Apparently they jack the prices up on return visits to get you to buy 'before the price goes up again.' I use ghostery and do not track me but incognito mode might do the trick.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Expedia. Southwest if the airport carries that airline. Lastly JetBlue, even though that is a horrendous travel experience typically, it's dirt cheap.

this. Expedia is very good. i like it because they have an app, all my trips, details and itineraries are all together. it will even show me airport terminal layouts. rental car details.

we lucked out, the wife just happened to be on there when Delta had a glitch. we got round trip tickets from NC to Maui for $129.00

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Southwest $69 get away fares are pretty good. Gotta get them before they are gone and make sure if you do get them to buy the extra $25 for them to sign you in 24 hrs in advance the night before the flight so you dont have to. Then you get A boarding class and can sit basically anywhere you want.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
hooters air used to have flights in to myrtle. too bad they went under.

GYY_night_2005-IMG_4762-Hooter_air_fast_zpsd8fae5a1.jpg

hooters_air_2_zps81c71dcb.jpg

Blackoyote

Established Member
I've read but can't confirm that if you use a travel site and decide not to purchase the ticket right then you should clear your cookies before you go back. Apparently they jack the prices up on return visits to get you to buy 'before the price goes up again.' I use ghostery and do not track me but incognito mode might do the trick.

Was going to put this out there, it's true. Just open up incognito windows when searching. Also, buy on Tuesdays.

Blown 89

Established Member
Be aware that airlines like Southwest don't go through Expedia. My fiance gets her flights through Expedia while I get mine through the airlines and she's not getting flights any cheaper than I do. As a matter of fact, they're usually more expensive.

Also check out Rental car rates straight off the airline's pages. They often offer heavy discounts on airline and hotels straight off the pages. The last trip I took I got a $89 flight through Southwest and a rental car for $4 a day just by doing everything on Southwest's page. Expedia was over double that price. My fiance booked the same flight through a small airline (Allegiant) and while the upfront cost was cheaper it ended up being the same price after Allegiant's ridiculous fees were added in.

Users who are viewing this thread