Best Place to Buy A HID KIT

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I take it ur not a fan of hids leech lol

Not really, my car had them in it when I purchased it. They were ok I guess, I personally felt like I was driving a damn space ship. Then one morning I went out started the car because I felt like driving it to work that day, turn on the headlights and nothing. Foglights and markers both were on but the HID's never came on. Needless to say I yanked those suckers out and threw them away. I'm just not a fan of how they look.

But if you are buying HID's spend the money and get some good ones, make sure they're high and low beams. I've seen lots of people buy the cheap 40 dollar ones from Ebay and then there dissapointed.

Oceanside78

Established Member
I ran DDMs for a long time, got the dual beam, 55w and the upgraded ballasts. They worked great, looked good and I aimed them down to not blind on coming drivers. Shipping took about 3 weeks, that's my only complaint with them. Install was super easy too

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I've had good luck with ddm tuning as well. I have a set of 3000k foglights on my Hummer and they are awesome. No problems in over 2yrs.

Last edited:

saleensonoma

Established Member
lil delayed but nothing but ddm goes in my toys, dd or work trucks. shipping takes a bit but $60 to your door and lifetime warranty. The ballasts are digital in and out which use less power to fire up and brightens up the light a bit compared to old dig in analog out ballasts. New ballasts are tiny also which makes mounting anywere a breeze.

go with 35w 6000k bc its the color of light/white and thats actually the brightest light output forward to road bc above that the white changes out color and permits less light even though u would think numerically higher means brighter but not in this case. if you go with 55w u can go to 8000k bc the watt washes out the color quite a bit soo keeps it pretty white

saleensonoma

Established Member
Any link to the exact kit for our cars?

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2

no exact link just ddmtuning.com click on hid kits then pick

35w or 55w im fine with 35watt

9007/HB5/HiLow Beam

6000k i prefer it bc its pure white and emits best light color to road. If you choose 55watt you can go up to 8000k and have same results pretty much

Last edited:

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
Projectors and HID kits are different. If you were asking about projectors I would recommend StockD15b's. His are cheaper than others but quality is amazing. Im sure he would be glad to give you examples. For me projectors aren't in my budget for the car. Im concerned with support mods mainly these days. But if your looking for HIDs (the way cheap route to excellent lighting) head over to DDM tuning's website. I seen these on 7 different vehicles among my friends and they are amazing. I put these on my R6 and my cobra. aim them down though. They will blind the crap outa ppl. Good quality and last forever. :rockon:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
no exact link just ddmtuning.com click on hid kits then pick

35w or 55w im fine with 35watt

9007/HB5/HiLow Beam

6000k i prefer it bc its pure white and emits best light color to road. If you choose 55watt you can go up to 8000k and have same results pretty much

You are so full of shit, its coming out your ears

4300k is the brightest color, period. No if's, ands or buts. Secondly, 5000k is PURE white, 6000k is "iceberg blue", white with some blue mixed in. Lastly, the only reason a 55w kit with a 8000k bulb looks white is because you are overboosting the bulb which causes it to color shift. It also decreases light output.

Users who are viewing this thread