Best oil for supercharged coyote

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
Im currently running 5w-20 amsoil and am switching to 5w-30. I was wondering since my car has a paxton if i should run 10w30? Im going to run amsoil no matter what. My car gets about 4000 miles a year and i live in NM so its pretty hot in the summer months. Car is a weekend warrior and sees the track about twice a year.

mechanicboy

Established Member
I went to 5w-30 with my PD blower. I'm getting close to changing the oil and was just thinking if going up a grade is even necessary and maybe a quality 5w-20 is all she needs.

You should add a poll to this. List like "what's best oil for a blown coyote. 1. 5w-20 2. 5/10s-30 3. 10/15w-40 4. 15w-50 4. other" or something to that effect.

Last edited:

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
I really dont wanna run 5w-20 i think thats to thin for the amount of power my car makes. Also heat is a big factor its pretty hot down here and the added heat i get from being f/i. i want at least 5-30, but was curious if a 10-30 would be more beneficial.

mhyjek

Established Member
Self contained paxton I assume? I'm running amsoil 10/30 as of now my car isn't dd either but car sees mostly spring summer of NJ so not the same but with humidity car gets plenty hot I've got to the red in track apps of oil temp with 5 back to back 40 to 160 runs. Will get oil analysis in a month or so. But I went to a custom made oil from bnd automotive I've used there fuel additive and was blown away. I know people on here will call BS but goto dodge forums and others there are plenty of OA out there and it's made for your application. I will post results next year after I put through 8k or so. With that said if you aren't into the path less traveled follow unleash the beast on here he won't steer you wrong.

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
Ya i don't wanna run motorcraft or 5-20 but to each there own. i guess im going with 5-30 this time and ill buy 10-30 next time see what i like.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Im currently running 5w-20 amsoil and am switching to 5w-30. I was wondering since my car has a paxton if i should run 10w30? Im going to run amsoil no matter what. My car gets about 4000 miles a year and i live in NM so its pretty hot in the summer months. Car is a weekend warrior and sees the track about twice a year.

Why 10W-30?

I will be running the factory oil. No reason to change if your not spinning the motor to 7500+.

Incorrect. There are so many benefits of running a top tier true synthetic in an engine. I've detailed these benefits many times.

Users who are viewing this thread