Best OEM like shocks?

TK Doom

Established Member
Had a drive train issue, and the dealership had the car for awhile, and changed multiple parts.

Finally fixed the issue, and shocks was a part that was replaced. Now it drives like a boat. I think I've hit the end of the shock several times in the few hundred miles I've driven it since the repair.

All this work was done 2-3 years ago, but since Covid, divorce, marriage, new twins, I finally have time to do something about it.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I have a 2004 Cobra hardtop and a 2004 Cobra Convertible, and its night and day. Prior to the work they drove almost identically.

TIA!

robvas

Established Member
What shocks did they use? koni yellows or bilstiens are my usual go-to

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Yellow billstiens. As a matter of fact, I put them on pretty much everything I own. Great performance for the cost. I put two new ones on the front of my car last year.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

wckdvnm

Established Member
The factory spec shocks were called B6’s and the upgrades were the B8’s basically the cobra R spec’d shocks. They are still available but they are not cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i could have sworn reading a long time ago that they were totally rebuildable. cant remember if that meant being sent back to bilstein or not

01yellercobra

Established Member
i could have sworn reading a long time ago that they were totally rebuildable. cant remember if that meant being sent back to bilstein or not
They would have to be sent back to Bilstein. I had my rears rebuilt and revalved to the HD specs.

However, my buddy went by there not too long ago to see about having his rebuilt and they no longer do it in house. They send them somewhere else. I'm not sure if it's a third party shop or just another one of Bilstein's companies.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
They would have to be sent back to Bilstein. I had my rears rebuilt and revalved to the HD specs.

However, my buddy went by there not too long ago to see about having his rebuilt and they no longer do it in house. They send them somewhere else. I'm not sure if it's a third party shop or just another one of Bilstein's companies.
Probably 10 year olds in China…

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
What springs are you using? If trying to stay stock, as mentioned, the B6s. Depending on how much you may be lowered, you might want to go B8s. I've never ventured away from Bilstein with my Cobra so I can't speak to any other brands.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I've owned higher mileage Terminator Coupes and always replaced with factory Bilstein specs, the B6's

With H&R Race springs

TK Doom

Established Member
Dealer replaced shocks (parts and labor) despite being over 2 years old (no warranty), probably due to low mileage. Drives like a regular Cobra again!

Users who are viewing this thread