Best mufflers?

01Tbbullitt

Established Member
I have pypes o/r x(catless) and pypes 2.5" catback, it has these crap violator mufflers on it that aren't very loud, I prefer a muffler without garbage in it but I can't go straight pipe. Let me know what you guys use.

Last edited:

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
ive got bbk long tubes, bbk off road x, and regular magnaflow catback, its sounds pretty damn good and its not too loud and has a nice tone to it... if u want something loud then go with the straight through muffler like the magnapacks or the stingers, if u want a nice rumble and something that isnt crazy loud go with a chambered muffler like magnaflow or flowmaster.... i am switching to magnapacks cause i want my car louder and even though its a straight through muffler it still has good tone and its not to raspy and definitely turns heads

01Tbbullitt

Established Member
Really the Violators aren't loud? They seem loud as hell. I have O/R H and Mac Pro dumps and its super loud.

Basically every other new edge I have come across Has drowned out my sound with ease. People always say good things about the violators but I just don't hear it. Are the stock headers really whats holding me back?

spike_africa

Established Member
If you want stupid loud then it sounds like you need to pony up and get the SLP Loudmouths.

I would be interested in that Violator catback if you want to sell it. I have been wanting to try out a new sound for months now.

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
If u want insanely loud go with the SLP Loudmouths IMO they sound like absolute crap though... headers really open up the sound of the car after i did mine made a drastic sound difference

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I run Pypes longtubes into their matching H pipe that I welded 2 high flow cats in, finished off with 10 series race flowmasters. Sounds amazing

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
I had slp lm1 catback with slp o/r x and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I LOVED IT. That combo is seriously a love/hate thing. Some said to me it was the best sounding thing they ever heard and others said it was just too much and hated the raspy sound it made. Like I said i loved it and when i do get another mustang it will have that same combo on it

Users who are viewing this thread