best muffler for bassani o/r x pipe?

Tomjh99

Established Member
I think most straight through mufflers would sound kick ass. A lot of guys are running Mangaflow. Bassani and Borla catbacks with your X pipe.

Since you have already spent money on the Flowmaster catback and that is obviosly more expensive than your X pipe. You could sell your X pipe and buy and off road H pipe. I 've heard Flowmasters with an off road H and it rumbles. Also you could just buy Magnapack mufflers from Summitracing.com. They have them for like 50 bucks a mufflers. And just have them welded in to replace your Flowmasters.

Last edited:

CobraG

Established Member
I'm thinking MagnaPacks with the o/r midpipe. I'm going to go with flowmasters with my new catted VRS x pipe, I hope they sound good

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
blackmagic said:
what mufflers do you guys suggest for an o/r x pipe? ive got flowmasters on it now, and it sounds like ass.

I have the same combination: Bassani O/R X-pipe and a Flowmaster American Thunder II catback. It sounds SOO bad, that after I installed my Flowmaster catback (after my IRS to solid axle swap), that I took the Flowmaster catback back to Jegs in exchange for another one. It rattled so bad and sounded so bad that I thought something must have been loose inside one or both of the mufflers. I get home and install the other Flowmaster catback that they kindly gave me in exchange, and it STILL sounds just as crappy!!

Then, I start doing a little research on mustangexhaust.com and find out that, in their opinion, the Bassani O/R X and Flowmasters is the absolute worst possible combination you could possibly have. (Something about both the Bassani and the Flows being chambered that caused the exhaust pulses to collide with each other on the baffles giving it that horribly rattley sound.)

Pretty soon I am going to be installing long-tube headers and a regular (non-chambered) X-pipe. I have the LTs here on my living room floor, but the mid-pipe is back ordered for another 2 to 3 weeks. I'll let you know how the new combination turns out...

chuckstang

Established Member
hmmm I luv the bassani x and flows, granted mine has cats, but I think it sounds the best. I also heard a gt with o/r bassani x with flows and it to sounded sick. but generally you dont want chambered muffler with a straight through x

Tomjh99

Established Member
blackmagic said:
didnt think magnaflow made a magnapack catback for the irs cars? can anyone confirm this?

Unfortunately they don't. You have to buy the MagnaPack mufflers seperate and have them welded into your catback.

Users who are viewing this thread