best MPG

acrbill

Established Member
I'm taking my 2011 on a bit of a road trip soon. My old 2011 manual got 26+MPG on the same trip. On a similar trip that I have taken twice with my auto 2011 I have only gotten 23 MPG. I am currently rocking a VMP 93 tune.
I can go back to stock or I also have three different American Muscle tunes.

Does anyone have any input on this?

Also, has anyone noticed a difference in MPG when running 87 vs. 93? My old Neon got a few less MPG when running regular.

bexamous

Established Member
Higher octane has less chemical energy, so technically you should get be able to get the best mpg with lower octane gas. I don't think there is any general rule for tunes though... maybe call up AED and get their eco tune if you really want to gain a couple mpg. Or maybe just put little extra air in your tires and follow a semi reasonably close.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
I've never gotten over 18 mpg cty/hwy with my GT 6spd......
Not sure what it is on the freeway, never really taken a long trip!

Grabber2012

Established Member
I've never gotten over 18 mpg cty/hwy with my GT 6spd......
Not sure what it is on the freeway, never really taken a long trip!

x2 mine will go up on the highway and go back down when it's fun time. I did drive a couple hours to the track doing 80 made 10 passes got back home with 10 miles till E and avg. 22.5 for the whole trip I won't complain about that.

JerryC

Established Member
I'm taking my 2011 on a bit of a road trip soon. My old 2011 manual got 26+MPG on the same trip. On a similar trip that I have taken twice with my auto 2011 I have only gotten 23 MPG. I am currently rocking a VMP 93 tune.
I can go back to stock or I also have three different American Muscle tunes.

Does anyone have any input on this?

Also, has anyone noticed a difference in MPG when running 87 vs. 93? My old Neon got a few less MPG when running regular.

Before the blower I took a trip to Dallas. Worst tankfull was 23mpg, best was 26mpg.
With the blower I took a 100 mile trip to test mpg. Drove it to get good mpg and got 26.8mpg.

I think you can get 25/26mpg if you drive easy, but its too much fun to drive it easy for an entire road trip.

crayolatx

Banned
Most of my driving is highway driving for my job in my 11 GT. Always comes out to 26-27. love it 86 for the highway, 93 when im in town at my destination 331 gears 6mt

BADBOSS

Established Member
I am averaging 19.8 MPG over the last 8000 miles. I drive 75 percent highway and quite aggressive. I am running the BAMA 91 race tune and 3.55 gears.

JerryC

Established Member
Just back from another Dallas trip. Last leg of the trip was 26.0 on dash display.
This is in the wife's 5.0 that is stock with wheels and tires and Roush ab's, and K&N.
Two people plus luggage. Shell 93.

csumt76

Established Member
Just finished a trip from Dallas-Houston and back in my car... A little city driving mixed in. 6spd/3.31 and the cluster showed around 24mpg.

acrbill

Established Member
I'm just going to keep it as is and maybe pump up the tires to 40psi. I will be driving through the night so I will have to keep the speed reasonable so I should pull some OK numbers. I am driving from the north side of Chicago to the middle of Atlanta (~750 miles) and would love to only stop once for gas along the way. To make this happen I will have to run the first tank down pretty low.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
When the car was new, I drove it to CA from FL and got ~25mpg but now that im home, I get 19-20mpg combined.

I also have 3.31 gears w/ a converter.

Chris

acrbill

Established Member
Taking off soon. Nothing speaks of road trips more than fruit snacks and handguns.

Will update with a mpg report.

4c1d0a9c-60df-430d.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Swetrid

Established Member
I have averaged 21 mpg over the 1850 miles on the car. My commute is a good mix but have knocked 24 mpg if driving sanely.

acrbill

Established Member
Here is the official report.

If I was less concerned about arriving as early as possible I could have knocked down 26MPG. Towards the last half of the trip I upped my speed and the MPG dropped to 23.

I also noticed that after a fill up that my MPG dropped 2 MPG. I am thinking it had to be skunky gas as I was going the same MPH.

Oh.... You don't know what exhaust drone is until you are steadily climbing a 6% grade whilst equipped with Hushpowers. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread