Best Idler Pulleys? Sizes?

Eaglei532

Still kinda boot at this
Established Member
Hey guys, Im new to the modded cobra scene and need to replace all of my stock pulleys and belt. I like the BF pulleys, I think a lot of you guys are running them too. The kit comes with 3-100mm 1-92mm and the bracket for $294, not to mention it come in RedFire!!! two questions (1) Is this a good kit? (2) why are there different sizes and which ones go where. I know the question is prob dumb to some of you but any help would be appreciated, esp as to why there are different sizes and the use of the different one. Thanks:shrug:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey guys, Im new to the modded cobra scene and need to replace all of my stock pulleys and belt. I like the BF pulleys, I think a lot of you guys are running them too. The kit comes with 3-100mm 1-92mm and the bracket for $294, not to mention it come in RedFire!!! two questions (1) Is this a good kit? (2) why are there different sizes and which ones go where. I know the question is prob dumb to some of you but any help would be appreciated, esp as to why there are different sizes and the use of the different one. Thanks:shrug:

Welcome to the modded cobra scene!

In regards to the idlers here's how it works.

For the most part if you've got a smaller upper pulley already you'll want to go with the 4 piece kit like you mentioned. One of the 100mm idlers will go on the snub idler/aux idler bracket which will put tension on the belt and the other idlers will simply replace your stock idlers in the locations pictured below.

where-they-go.jpg

Billetflow is definitely our best seller and makes very high quality parts. We also offer several other kits which are made by Metco and DivisionX. Metco is offered in single and heavy duty dual ball bearing idler kits. The DivisionX idlers are all dual ball bearing and offered in kits as well.

Here's a link to the other kits and a few pictures so you can see which design you like the most.

Idlers and Idler Kits
Idlers and Tensioners : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

e7c8a7c8bccc4e24b97750b6f1299973.image.750x450.jpg

bdf6e49f96cc38b07a83e0e042a1290e.image.750x365.jpg

9255372f0bf2d822b93b581c69a13d20.image.750x386.jpg

If you have any questions or need assistance placing an order please feel free to give us a call.

Thanks, Jared

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I had billetflows and made the switch to metco dual ball bearings! You'll pay more but there quality is much better. Even the comparison of billetflows and metcos aux bracket is very noticable. Metcos is alot beefier.

Eaglei532

Still kinda boot at this
Established Member
Holy cow guys great answers, I guess I will pay more for the metco so I don't have to do it again. Do they offer any colors?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Holy cow guys great answers, I guess I will pay more for the metco so I don't have to do it again. Do they offer any colors?

Thats the only downside man. Pretty much just your standard shown in the picture above. I wanted to try division x idler set as I like the looks of them and there dual bearings as well. There just newer and not yet proven like the metcos. Either route you go, it's a smart move on your part upgrading from the oem ones.

Also both metco and the division x idlers come with dust covers for the bearings, make sure you contact lethal or posi for pricing. I got a great price on my metcos from Posi.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

I really like the new divisionx/lethal design. I had the metco but seemed out of place since they are wide enough for a 10 rib belt.

OP, search next time. Everything you want to know has been covered 100 times at least. Even google searches usually bring you back to this site if you have issues with the search function on here. And that idler location pic was right on BF site.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I really like the new divisionx/lethal design. I had the metco but seemed out of place since they are wide enough for a 10 rib belt.

OP, search next time. Everything you want to know has been covered 100 times at least. Even google searches usually bring you back to this site if you have issues with the search function on here. And that idler location pic was right on BF site.

The metco's are certainly wide thats for sure! I just wanted a proven pulley setup, otherwise I dig the looks of the division x pulleys!

Users who are viewing this thread