best full length sub frames?

bhollie

Established Member
Im doing some things to keep the car tight before it gets alot of miles, I.E. strut tower brace and full length subframes. but Im only driving the car on thew street and its lowerted abouit 1.5 inches so i dont want them to hang down too low and start scraping all the time.
and advice?

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
not to hijack the thread but i also was interested in a good subframe & i was wondering if the subframes off a bullitt mustang work since they are bolt ons,,

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
IMO Maximum Motorsports full length are the best.

Tambini

Established Member
i have kenny brown full length subs and i have no complaints with them. the car feels as stiff as a board with them in.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Bolt-ons will never provide the chassis support of weld-in. I will break this down in three ways. The absolute best is going to be the Griggs in-floor kit, but it requires substantial chassis modification if you are interested I can post some pictures. The best full-length subframes on the more expensive side are going to be Global West or HANS and on the more economical side Maximum Motorsports, GRC, or Steeda. I wouldn't use any not on this list including the Griggs full-lenth.

x14

Established Member
IMO the MM full length is the best.

No matter who you go with get the full length and not the standard one. I had the KB subframe on my 2003 GT and the car still flexed. I had to add the KB jacking rail to make it more solid.

juiced

Established Member
I went with the hans racecraft subs, and find them to to awesome. When and if I jack up the car , no matter what config I place the car in the doors open and close no problem. No more creak and bend as I back out of my drive way. If you look under the car the subs are tucked under quite well. The exhaust hangs down further. Its a clean install and worth it. These need to be welded on with all four wheels on a lift, not jacks. And yes full lengths all the way.lol.:coolman:

Last edited:

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
I got the Kenny Brown. Three piece kit - Subframe Connectors/Super Subs, Jacking Rails & Extreme Matrix Brace.

I told the installer that I wanted it TIG welded while it was resting on the suspension and not the hoist. (This was an authorized KB reseller/installer with 20+ brace install) He told me he normally does on hoist with 60% of the weight on the frame and 40% on the suspension. I told him to do it while 100% of the weight of the car was resting on the suspension. (As recommended by Rick @ Kenny Brown)

Now I jack up my car and the door will not open. Although the welds appear to be strong, they are not pretty.

IMO - just as important in choosing the right subframe is choosing the right installer.

Now when I get a roll bar put in I’m guessing I will have to pay again to do this job over. :shrug:

Sucks to be me…

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I wouldn't use Kenny Brown. I have seen pictures from there own shop welding subframes on frame lifts not wheel lift.

juiced

Established Member
one time by mistake, I had a jack stand on one side under the irs and the jack on the other. The jack lost pressure and came down, well to my surprise the wheel never touched the ground, and the doors still opened and closed fine. Now thats tight. I dont recommend anyone doing this but since I had it like that I just had to see. :eek:

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
Theres a company in Dallas called Wolf Racecraft or something that make through-the-floor subframe connectors. Seam like they would work best but I don't want to tear the whole interior out. It never fits as tight once taken apart.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If you don't want to cut open the floor(Griggs)...
Then ....
Global West or
HansRacecraft
a little less money, but still nice units=
Maximum Motorsports
Kenny Brown are ok.... but the extreme matrix are a must ..... or else they are not comparable to the above examples....
Global West... pics

stoutseatbrace.jpg

superstoutSFCs.jpg

stoutsubs.jpg

Jimmy :thumbsup:

BEARCOBRA

2004 Silver Coupe
Established Member
Hansracecraft Sub-Frames the only way to go!

I researched this for a month and looked at alll the makers and HANSRACECRAFT are the BEST Subs hands down and there isn't a better set to be found anywhere.

The strength and the design is far superior than any other and I can see the difference and I know guys who have removed other brands and are going to install the HANS Racecraft.

GLWBEAR
2004 Cobra:coolman:

Rwick7

Established Member
Maximum Motorsports Full Lengths...anything more would be OVERKILL on a street car

Users who are viewing this thread