• Fast 5

Votes: 34 17.5%
  • Fast and furious 6

Votes: 39 20.1%

• Total voters

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
1st because of that red truck early in the movie lol.

Seriously, the 5th one was my favorite. The ending part (where they show you how the took the money scene) was awesome.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
First one because it was back in the day when I actually liked cars like that or at least thought they were cool.

These movies are just action movies now.

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
Supra #1 the Red L parts truck, the dads infamous Charger, the tight knit party scene and cookout just seemed like realistic for the time period. Also ja rule and his integra

MONICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The quotes from the original movie are amazing :lol: , who quotes any of the other movies?

I will admit though i was 13 at the time of 2F2F and i saw it opening night in theaters on my birthday, the whole intro race gave me chills :loser:

The blower whine and the poor wreck scene for the Saleen in 2F2F :whine:

LS2GTO

Established Member
Purely car movie...the first one for sure.

4, 5 and 6 are basically action movies with some chase scenes peppered throughout just for the fact that it's under the F&F franchise. You could easily take those out, call it something else and have a killer action movie that has nothing to do with cars.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
The series has taken a different direction, which doesn't make them bad movies by any means, they just can't touch the original for what it was, the characters that were introduced, and that many teens and twenty-somethings could relate to the lifestyle. For the movie being a decade+ old, you still hear people quoting some of the one-liners, haha.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
#1.

The entire scope and feel of the movie is timeless. The cinematography effects they used to let you know you were in LA the whole time with the color palette used. The character development, you really knew this was a tight knit group that has history going back years and years from the party and barbecue scene. You see a man that has to make a decision between the life he "should" lead and the life he wants to lead at the end. You don't even find out that Spilner is really a cop until 30min into the movie, then youre introduced to this whole conflict he has, trying to better himself and then getting introduced to a lifestyle where ultimately he chooses he wants to become part of.

Their portrayal of the street racing scene was almost spot on. I recall going to the streetraces in a industrial district up in Tracy (mountain house rd) at the time and it was pretty much exactly the same. And there was always one or two cars coming that people would be waiting to see run that night, I always recall a nitrous fed red SN95 Cobra and a black GSX were always coming up in conversations that people somewhat knew that when those two showed up, shit was going to go down. Though we didn't park on the side of the street where people were running on, that's just retarded.

Last edited:

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
Probably gonna watch the first one tonight :), I still haven't seen 6. I'm avoiding any internet threads or links about it, after posting this, I should probably avoid any spoilers in here too :p

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
#1.

The entire scope and feel of the movie is timeless. The cinematography effects they used to let you know you were in LA the whole time with the color palette used. The character development, you really knew this was a tight knit group that has history going back years and years from the party and barbecue scene. You see a man that has to make a decision between the life he "should" lead and the life he wants to lead at the end. You don't even find out that Spilner is really a cop until 30min into the movie, then youre introduced to this whole conflict he has, trying to better himself and then getting introduced to a lifestyle where ultimately he chooses he wants to become part of.

Their portrayal of the street racing scene was almost spot on. I recall going to the streetraces in a industrial district up in Tracy (mountain house rd) at the time and it was pretty much exactly the same. And there was always one or two cars coming that people would be waiting to see run that night, I always recall a nitrous fed red SN95 Cobra and a black GSX were always coming up in conversations that people somewhat knew that when those two showed up, shit was going to go down. Though we didn't park on the side of the street where people were running on, that's just retarded.

I remember MTV's True Life had an episode of an actual dude that street race in the same areas as the movie. He was actually in the movie too as an extra. Shaved head with piercings.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I remember MTV's True Life had an episode of an actual dude that street race in the same areas as the movie. He was actually in the movie too as an extra. Shaved head with piercings.

I vaguely remember that.

Didn't it have some dude with a CRX into "canyon carving" at the end?

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
1, 5, and 6 are pretty good. Don't look up 7 on IMDB if you don't want spoilers haha.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
My personal fav and most entertaining had to be 6. I picked The Fast and the Furious though because its a classic. Everything about that movie is memorable, the import "10 sec" cars, the lines, the races, the fight scene, race wars, black Honda's with neon lights going under trailers. It was just something new and unexpected even if it was corny. Dont think there wasnt a racer who didn't see that movie.

Users who are viewing this thread