• Mickey Thompson ET Street

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YellowCobra04

Established Member
I need to get a set of drag radials and I'm going to be using the stock 17x9 wheels. My car never goes out in the rain on purpose, but I have gotten in some freak T-storm. That being said, I need a tire thats not going to kill me if I happen to get cought in a shower.

1. What brand would you get for your own car?

2. What is the largest size tire I can use on the stock rim without modifying anything?

04cobra13

Established Member
For a daily driver i say the Nitto 555rs hands down. They hooked great when i was at 450hp and still did well when i was at 560hp. They also last long if your not always burning out or whatever and work ok(alot better than other DRs) in the rain..But if you want hands down best hooking DRs ive heard Mickey Thompsons or Hoosire DRs work really good..Also i ran the 315 Nitto DRs on my stock rims with no mods necessary.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
Mickeys here. lasted about 10k miles (no track/burnouts/bullshit) and even got stuck in the rain a few times and no problems. mickeys ftw

AaronK

Established Member
MTs hook very well. Go with the nittos if you want a little longer lasting tire.

03dsgsnake

Established Member
:shrug:Take it for what its worth and is from experience. I have 700 to the tire and have had all the above mentioned drags, nittos were way too skinny and didnt hold,,bfgs were just for wideness and wore very quick, mickeys were awesome but the definite best tire is HOOSIER FTW!!!! When i mash the loud pedal it just goes!!!!! The hotter they get the stickier! and if anyone is behind you watch out! when me and my friends went for a cruise several got rockchips and i felt like shiat! But they def perform! Sometimes too much i miss just lighting em up and going sideways lol !! Just my .02

Last edited:

arodsvt

C Quema
Established Member
:shrug:Take it for what its worth and is from experience. I have 700 to the tire and have had all the above mentioned drags, nittos were way too skinny and didnt hold,,bfgs were just for wideness and wore very quick, mickeys were awesome but the definite best tire is HOOSIER FTW!!!! When i mash the loud pedal it just goes!!!!! The hotter they get the stickier! and if anyone is behind you watch out! when me and my friends went for a cruise several got rockchips and i felt like shiat! But they def perform! Sometimes too much i miss just lighting em up and going sideways lol !! Just my .02

I agree, hoosier, mickeys, bfg, nittos r's, etc

YellowCobra04

Established Member

Which Hoosier would you recommend?

What size rim combo are you running?

Do they run large or small, in other words, what's the largest size I can run on the stock rim without modifying anything?

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
nitto 555r 315 here

also the largest tire you can fit on a stock 9inch rim.

nitto's last a long time... mickey thompson street et's dr is a great tire, but wear fast and get hotter even faster. depending on the surface of the roads in your area the m/t might get chewed up fast. i've had nitto's on my car for over a year, a lot better then the week or so the mickey thompsons lasted me.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Nitto's run narrow, I'd get a 315 for the 9" rim.

I just had the new Toyo TQ's mounted for me, waiting to put them on the car so I can see how they perform/how long they last.

1Quik46

Livin The Dream!
Established Member
What about M&H's? I was thinking of ordering a set of those and havent heard anyone comment on them. I currently have BFG's and have no complaints.

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
Toyo TQ DR here...I run a 315 on a 10.5 but the 275/40/17 would work great on a 9" wheel I'm sure. I have had all the major brands on one car or another and the Toyo wears like a M/T but hooks like Hoosier.

ridered494

Established Member
Well just to throw my two cents in please dont ever buy shittos. I will run Mickeys or M&H personally. Shittos are the worst ever to try to hook, not to mention the wheel hop the created for me. Once I switched to the 315 mickeys, most of the time will dead hook on street with no wheel hop.

Users who are viewing this thread