best diff cover

BURGESS04COBRA

Established Member
Wondering if the ford diff cover is the only replacement or if there are others out there and if it is a permanent fix and worth doing over the irs brace ...also can you run both just wondering thanks for any help

Any part numbers and best place to buy would be great also sorry if there are threads on this already

cj428mach

Established Member
No you can't run the brace and the cover, plus there is no need. You'd be better off selling the brace to help fund the cover.

LPW makes a cover and from what I've read its nice but I went with the Ford cover because I'd much rather have a part with a Ford logo on it rather than an LPW. Prices were similar I think.

stuntstere

Established Member
I have the FRPP cover. It is an awesome piece. Also when I had the diff out I timeserted all the holes. Milled the bolt hole flats a little bigger on the cover to accept ARP bolts. Used an diff gasket with grey RTV on both sides. No leaks to this day still even beating on it with nitrous.

svtaddict

Established Member
Fore used to make a cover that was billet nicest cover I've ever seen but RARE!!!!!

Woody6799

Established Member
I have the FRPP cover. It is an awesome piece. Also when I had the diff out I timeserted all the holes. Milled the bolt hole flats a little bigger on the cover to accept ARP bolts. Used an diff gasket with grey RTV on both sides. No leaks to this day still even beating on it with nitrous.

Why did you do all that? I used ARP 612-1250 bolts and they fit great... I also used the Ford RTV. Pics are in my thread.

b_dike

Established Member
A lot of votes for the frpp cover, but I have the lpw and it's every bit as nice. If it was me I'd get whichever one was cheapest. :pepper:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have the LPW cover because Ford Racing didn't have one at the time. LPW has had them for years and Ford just came out with there's a couple years ago. Both are superior to a brace.

stuntstere

Established Member
Why did you do all that? I used ARP 612-1250 bolts and they fit great... I also used the Ford RTV. Pics are in my thread.

Those are the exact bolt I have, but they wouldn't sit in the recess for the bolts in the cover. :shrug: Idk. Also timeserted all the holes because I had one hole pull when torqueing the cover down. Didn't want to pull it apart again and again from other holes pulling. So I solved the problem of the aluminum threads pulling with and oversized steel insert.

Michael Hughes

1 of 299
Established Member
What is your price range?
The FRPP is a great cover and it has been tested by a lot of members on this forum. If you have the money and time look into finding a FORE diff cover.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Those are the exact bolt I have, but they wouldn't sit in the recess for the bolts in the cover. :shrug: Idk. Also timeserted all the holes because I had one hole pull when torqueing the cover down. Didn't want to pull it apart again and again from other holes pulling. So I solved the problem of the aluminum threads pulling with and oversized steel insert.

Another option is to stud the puppy

88FRPdiffcover21_zpse457d8f4.jpg

Grainger carries the correct 5/16-18 stud but the threads need to be shortened on one side.

Users who are viewing this thread