Best Deal on Prochargers?

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
I know that blow by racing did that magazine article with procharger with the HO kit intercooler with a D1sc and 9psi and made over 600whp and I think that car is fine. Idk I just have a bunch of questions but we will see.

Bad Intention

Established Member
I know that blow by racing did that magazine article with procharger with the HO kit intercooler with a D1sc and 9psi and made over 600whp and I think that car is fine. Idk I just have a bunch of questions but we will see.

Not long after that article Chris (BBR) changed to stage 2 IC.

HO kit has smaller IC and its placement is higher up and the bumper cover stps air from flowing over fins. Stage2 bigger IC and hangs lower. which lets air flow over the fins.

Piping is ran different due to where inlet and exit on the 2 different IC's.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Not long after that article Chris (BBR) changed to stage 2 IC.

HO kit has smaller IC and its placement is higher up and the bumper cover stps air from flowing over fins. Stage2 bigger IC and hangs lower. which lets air flow over the fins.

Piping is ran different due to where inlet and exit on the 2 different IC's.

oh ok thanks for the info.

just found out from evolution performance that procharger just recently changed the design of the HO intercooler si guess we will see what they did. im guessing the just placed it lower because evolution said that now he HO kit does do some bumber trimming now.

GTCSBrian

Banned
yes they would because they wanted to be the first to market a supercharger for the 5.0. I know one major shop that wont even sell the ho kit. A lot of piping is different not just intercooler, and you get a new fan and shroud. Spend the extra 500 now to keep from spending 1500 later.

evo

GTCSBrian

Banned
That's funny/weird because evolution told me I should have no problem at all with the HO Kit.

I called them two months ago, and the guy on the phone said he would refuse to sell one to me if I wanted one. He also said they would only sell the stage 2 kit with the upgraded IC. It sounded like some young kid. I promptly hung up on him and laughed that he refused to take my $5000.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Yes you guys did have a good deal but my local tuning shop was able to do $4950 before the rebate through procharger before 31st of this month deal that they have going on so for the complete kit all said and done ill be $4600.

Users who are viewing this thread