Best Deal on Prochargers?

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Ready to pull the trigger on a procharger kit. Who has the best deal on a a HO kit for our cars. All i want is the HO kit so let me know if you can help or know of a company who is selling them the cheapest. thanks

Entrenched

Established Member
Ready to pull the trigger on a procharger kit. Who has the best deal on a a HO kit for our cars. All i want is the HO kit so let me know if you can help or know of a company who is selling them the cheapest. thanks

Bought my kit from Lethal, they price match so let them know what you find.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Call Lethal, they should be able to give u a great deal. I'd get the stg 2 kit and upgrade to a D1. Good luck!

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
where r u at i can get you a killer deal

I'm in cape coral fl about 2hrs south of you. What's a killer deal? I've seen one website say $5000 for the HO kit so far.

I've heard from people that they havnt had any issues with the HO kit and procharger said the IAT are fine with HO kit. How much is it to just upgrade to the stage 2 intercooler? I really don't want to cut any peice on the car at all that's why I like the HO kit

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
JPC will beat anyone. And the HO kit is junk...IC is too small and causes high IATs

please classify junk? also what are we talking about for a high intake temp? What temp #? Is it just getting hot in the high rpm? Is it from people hot lapping the car? Or because it doesnt flow well so it heats up? Because my car isnt really going to be at the track at all and it just going to be a street machine meaning a quick pull from time to time not beating the hell out of it over and over and over.

CPRsm

Gonna have to cut the car to get good inlet temps. You don't have to beat on it over and over. that is recovery time. All it takes is a single 3-4sec pull with a poor intercooler to see high inlets.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Gonna have to cut the car to get good inlet temps. You don't have to beat on it over and over. that is recovery time. All it takes is a single 3-4sec pull with a poor intercooler to see high inlets.

yeah i understand that but would procharger really design and mass produce a kit that had high intake temps that would cause an issue? Im sure they did plenty of testing before they released the kits and deemed they worthy. Do they stage 2 kits run more boost? Maybe thats why they see the need for a bigger intercooler on the stage 2? Just wondering

Bad Intention

Established Member
I have Stage II kit. i spoke with couple guys with HO kit and they either had changed to Stage 2 or was going to change. When my car was dyno tunned in july temp in the shop was 115* we bad 3 pulls in a row with only 10 min cool down and my car never got above 105*. Im adding Meth to get it down even more.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
I have Stage II kit. i spoke with couple guys with HO kit and they either had changed to Stage 2 or was going to change. When my car was dyno tunned in july temp in the shop was 115* we bad 3 pulls in a row with only 10 min cool down and my car never got above 105*. Im adding Meth to get it down even more.

Your intake temps were never over 105? what were the guys intake temps with the HO kit? were they planning on running more boost then the 7psi? Is that why they want the bigger intercooler? How much is it to upgrade just to the stage 2 intercooler? Is the piping run differenty or is the intercooler a little taller so the lower discharge pipe off the intercooler is a little longer?

i have no intentions of running more boost then the HO kit provides i mean over 500whp with only 7psi is good enough for me.

CPRsm

yeah i understand that but would procharger really design and mass produce a kit that had high intake temps that would cause an issue?
LOL, lips are sealed. There are companies that sell kits in the boosted world where their intercooler won't keep their base kit cool on the lowest boost setting.

When my car was dyno tunned in july temp in the shop was 115* we bad 3 pulls in a row with only 10 min cool down and my car never got above 105*.
That's pretty hard to believe especially considering the intercooler configuration.

2011redcandy

Established Member
yeah i understand that but would procharger really design and mass produce a kit that had high intake temps that would cause an issue? Im sure they did plenty of testing before they released the kits and deemed they worthy. Do they stage 2 kits run more boost? Maybe thats why they see the need for a bigger intercooler on the stage 2? Just wondering

Yes they would because they wanted to be the first to market a supercharger for the 5.0. I know one major shop that wont even sell the HO kit. A lot of piping is different not just intercooler, and you get a new fan and shroud. Spend the extra 500 now to keep from spending 1500 later.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Yes they would because they wanted to be the first to market a supercharger for the 5.0. I know one major shop that wont even sell the HO kit. A lot of piping is different not just intercooler, and you get a new fan and shroud. Spend the extra 500 now to keep from spending 1500 later.

yeah they were first but that doesnt mean they didnt put in quality time and research with the HO kit to make sure it was safe. You really think procharger would risk the reputation they have and release a kit for a brand new 2011 mustang that was unsafe and the possibilty of blowing up everyones cars just for the simple fact of being first i highly doubt it. But no one that has commented on my thread has said or given hard evidence of what these dangerous IAT are with the base HO kit on 7 psi is? i think its people that are having issues are going with the smaller pully"s and going outside the limits of the HO intercooler. ive been talking with a company over PM's tonight and i hoping he will chime in here and tell what they said to me.

CPRsm

Check out some of the data from a member here. No cutting and vertical intercoolers leave you will a small core with no ability to pull heat out of an air charge. Even at 7 psi. This goes for ANY company. I wanted a vertical for my Shebly TT kits but wouldn't have gotten the inlets temps I wanted with a 6IN THICK CORE!! Vertical flow does not have the fin contact to handle most any boost V8 unless it's HUGE.

Procharged D1 2011 Mustang GT at 8 psi with Stage II air to air

Track run (cooled off before the run)

After burnout Air temp: 89*
At the finish line at 126 MPH Air Temp: 178*
--------------------------

Hellion 76mm 2011 Mustang GT at 8 psi with their standard air to air

Track run (cooled off before the run)

After burnout Air temp: 89*
At the finish line at 126 MPH Air Temp: 161*

Vortech YS 2011 Mustang GT at 14 psi with Vortech Air to Air

Track run (cooled off before the run) also, run done at night in cool weather

After burnout Air temp: 104*
At the finish line at 135 MPH Air Temp: 146*

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...2254-twin-turbo-5-0-build-7.html#post11298627

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
So from that quote you posted even the stage II procharger kit had a hot intake temp? So the stage II intercooler is vertical also?

Last edited:

CPRsm

So from that quote you posted even the stage II procharger kit had a hot intake temp? So the stage II intercooler is vertical also?

IDK honestly. I have logs from only some companies. I'm just saying that companies do put out product that damn near any tuner would call unsafe. But if it has a vertical core, you better raise an eyebrow.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Yeah but how do they get away with non intercooled kits for the 05-10 3v cars? Wouldn't any intercooler be a Benefit? I know there are plenty of cars running around that are non intercooled for 3v mustang and they seem fine!

Users who are viewing this thread