Best deal on 305/35/18 Mickeys or Toyo R888?

Bandit5.4

Slow driver
Established Member
Need to buy some new rubbers for the car. Who/what/where is the best price for 305/35/18 MT's or R888's?

Also, opinions on which would be the be the better tire for 700hp, non daily, street driven?

94slowbra1

Established Member
2 different tires. if your lookingh to go straight and have the best hook then the mt's are the ones you want. if you want to handle and still have a soft compound tire that can handle some hp the the toyo is your tire. the r888 is not a drag radial tire, its a wet road race tire

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
had the r888's hated them, personally like the m&h tires but out of the two it would be the M/T's without question

94slowbra1

Established Member
I ran the r888 on my 94 turbo cobra making 700 at the wheels. Now the power cam on later and it was a solid axle car but I liked them. Hooked well, nice sidewall and decent in wet weather.

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
Depends on if you are a daily driver or not. I can't have any of those since I drive around all day.

In any case, call discount tire direct and they will match any price (and beat it) from whichever competitor you can find. I spent like an hour or two online and found a bunch of deals. I basically put the deals together and called DTD and they beat the price.

Blackoyote

Established Member

Seriously...everywhere I tried was backordered. Also, called my local Discount Tire to get pricing/matching, and the rep had to call the distributor...said he'd call me back and I never got a call back. Even called again to follow up a few hours later and was pretty much given the run around. I had my CC in my hand ready to order if they could get a decent price.

LETHAL03COBRA

Established Member
I got my MT's (305/35/18) from Amazon. 324.00 a piece, free shipping and got them within 3 days of ordering. Car feels totally different now that I can actually put the power to the ground. Previously had 335/30/18 BFG's that wouldn't hook worth a damn.:rockon:

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member

Sorry here.....http://www.tiresdirect.net/TOYO-Proxes-R888-305-35ZR18-10-P4211C789.aspx

It states "Out of Stock" I called anyways and they have them arriving to the warehouse next week; than will ship to my house

Tires direct have the 305's and are advertised as a "winter sale" when you call they will add shipping, than the sale price / discount, which came out to 641.00 for me.
NOBODY has a 275....most places have an ETA of 90 days or more.

throw some Hoosiers on it or ET Street II's

For my TF wheels Im gonna run r888's outback, because this is my car show setup

I will a 17" set up on stockers (MT's) because 17" tires are cheaper & a little more sidewall

They are out of stock as mentioned

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread