Best COP's to use???

WeaponX_Perf

Established Member
How about just Stock replacements? :??: and How often do you switch out your cops? every 30,xxx-xx.xxx?

Stock coils are good, but even we have seen new ones fail prematurely, not to mention all coils degrade over time. If one fails usually the rest are on their way out as well since they are all subject to the same environment.

The amount of time a coil is good for depends on how much you stress the ignition coil in question. Opening up the gap makes it tougher for the ignition coil to operate lowering it's life expectancy. Using the ignition coil in a high performance environment, where the combustion process is harder to light off and where allot of heat is generated, also lowers it's life expectancy and is one of the reasons we created vented coil covers.

The REAL OE coils will run $90 each which is $720 for a set and come with no warranty. IMHO, we offer a one year warranty with our product and offer a better design while saving almost $300 on your engine tuneup. Everyone has their own preference though.

Last edited:

Juruense

Banned
Just to clarify I bought an OEM coil at the parts counter two months ago it was $45 not $90 and like all non-racing parts it has a one year warranty.

I use stock. I might try the WeaponX if I had some extra money to spend. There is some good info on WeaponX on ModFords.

04CobraMatt

Established Member
heat is generated, also lowers it's life expectancy and is one of the reasons we created vented coil covers.

This is a great point, Iv'e seen the ones you guys offer but im not crazy about the look (I dont find the black Aluminum goes well with the stock cam covers).

Users who are viewing this thread