Best/cheapest place to buy MM subframe connectors...

1IDSPTTR

Established Member
I'm sure this info is buried somewhere in the database, but no search function makes it nigh on impossible to find. So...Anyone have any suggestions?

:burnout:
Allan

1IDSPTTR

Established Member
Done deal...

OK - purchased full length steel uncoated for $148.00 incl S/H. Does anyone have any comments on coating the underside of the connector before welding them to the car? I plan on having the whole setup undercoated after the install, so buying the powdercoated units seemed to be a waste of $$$. The salesguy said that the standard bolted in pieces provided by FoMoCo can be moved and re-installed and that in a 'vert, anything is an improvement. COmments? Suggestions?

:beer:

Allan

71stang99

Established Member
Good question, mine are ordered and are supposed to be here Friday. Install this weekend hopefully

mystifiedworm

Established Member
You must remove the coating from the SFC and the paint from the underside of the car in order to weld the two together. After that we wire brush and spray the welds with black spray paint.

1IDSPTTR

Established Member
Per MM's customer service...

I was told with the plain steel braces like I bought, you want to spray the upper surfaces that rest against the underside of the car with krylon or some other rust retardant so that when any water gets into the cracks, it won't corrode. The actual weld areas need to be stripped to bare metal for welding. Then I plan on having the whole kit and kaboodle sprayed once welded together. please correct me if I'm mistaken...
:bash:

Allan

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
I used rubberized undercoating in a spray can to protect my MM FLSCs. Seemed to work pretty good and it's only like $4 a can from Autozone. The only reason I did this was because it seemed to hold up better than regular paint when I jack the car up from the subs :shrug:

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Originally posted by 95svtsnake
I bought three sets so far and i didn't care for the coated ones .

Is there really that big of a difference/need to buy the coated ones? Will the uncoated SF's rust eventually or something? Basically, is it worth the extra $40 some-odd dollars? I'm looking to get some MM full-length ones here in the next few weeks and was just wondering. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread