Best car I ever owned?

mikengail

Established Member
Agree with OP in every respect. So does the wife, especially since the '14 Shelby is her car. I was going to leave my '12 5.0 Vert stock, but now I'm going to go TVS. Love the low end and mid-range torque that the TVS makes. Reminds me of those big 455's I had in a couple of Buick GS's so long ago as a kid.

My dream car back then was a GSX Stage-1, but I couldn't quite afford it. Later, I wanted a GNX, but my career in the Marines kept me away almost all the time. I was just about to get back into muscle cars, after I retired and then 9/11 happened. I did the defense contractor thing in the Middle East for as long as I could and now I'm too old to do that kind of stuff anymore. Finally got back into the muscle motor scene and thought that Ford had the best engine technology, so I chose the 'Stangs.

I'm not a fan boy of any particular brand these days, more a fan of the best technology. Both of our Mustangs are so much more pleasing than I ever imagined. We both look for excuses to drive her Shelby all the time. It's never boring, fast or slow. And yes, just about everybody in anything with dual exhausts wants to race at street lights. We don't, but it's still so much fun. We definitely plan on keeping them both for a long time, especially the Shelby. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread