Best brand 4.56s

1Quick4.6

Established Member
Hey guys i just had a bearing failure and ate up my 4.30s. My qeustion is whos running 4.56s and which brand has the least noise and best quality. i ask this because i have had 2 sets of frpp 4.30s in the car and both whined a good bit and also had 4 people set them up. Also two of those guys have set up 20-25 sets of gears for me in the past up to 4.10s without any noise at all so id figure it not my install being the issue and i do realize the lower you go the more they'll have the tendency to be noisey, but have heard of really quite 4.30s before. lets see what you guys are runnning as far as 4.56s and you feelings about them

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
A dirty little secret you may know know, is that like batteries, there are not very many different gear manufacturers. I'd go for Ford Racing.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
I also run 4.30s and they are as quiet as the stock 3.31s they were ford motorsport and not ford racing! the ones i got where like 10years old but still new in the box! i think the old ones where made by richmond and the new ones are chinese! i would try and find an older set of 4.56s..just my .02

Last edited:

1Quick4.6

Established Member
wow thats alot of gear. this your daily driver?
Sometimes... These gears really aren't bad for a dd. The 4.30s got 21 mpg with HCI .... I do run a 28in tire also

I also run 4.30s and they are as quiet as the stock 3.31s they were ford motorsport and not ford racing! the ones i got where like 10years old but still new in the box! i think the old ones where made by richmond and the new ones are chinese! i would try and find an older set of 4.56s..just my .02

the new frpp gear above 4.10s are made by motive, I do remember the older ford gears were always better

1Quick4.6

Established Member
I have never needed a 4.56 gear,but I installed 3.73 ford racing gears in my 2007 shelbygt500 and they were perfect.JMO

That was my point . I have always run the ford racing 3.73s and 4.10s and never had problems but both sets of 4.30s were bad. Ford doesn't make ratios over 4.10s.... Motive makes the ford racing 4.30s and 4.56s . That's why I'm looking for people who have had this ratio

davidhuff

Established Member
That was my point . I have always run the ford racing 3.73s and 4.10s and never had problems but both sets of 4.30s were bad. Ford doesn't make ratios over 4.10s.... Motive makes the ford racing 4.30s and 4.56s . That's why I'm looking for people who have had this ratio
I understand your point,I think you will find out that very few members are running that low of a rear end gear.Good Luck

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
I had 4.56's in my 01 Cobra and everyone said i was nuts, but they were SO missing out! I could only imagine the beast these cars would be with sucha gear. That was also an all high mileage car. Dont fear the gear!

Fast Willy

Established Member
The is a high gear for highway driving. if your doing cruising around town or driving down the strip sure you wont really notice the difference in gas, but get on the highway for a long trip and you sure will.

There is nothing wrong with running that high of a gear especially if your going to stay NA but for a blower or turbo car that is extremely high.

I personally would stick with the FRPP gear no higher then 3.73's especially being a factory option now. The new ones are no where near the quality of gear that they use to be.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Guys, read his sig!!! He has HCI and needs a much lower gear than 3.73's to take advantage of his setup.

I rode in the car with the 4.30 gears in it Saturday night and it is a VERY impressive NA setup!!! I think with the 28" MT DR's that the 4.56's will be fine!

1Quick4.6

Established Member
The is a high gear for highway driving. if your doing cruising around town or driving down the strip sure you wont really notice the difference in gas, but get on the highway for a long trip and you sure will.

There is nothing wrong with running that high of a gear especially if your going to stay NA but for a blower or turbo car that is extremely high.

I personally would stick with the FRPP gear no higher then 3.73's especially being a factory option now. The new ones are no where near the quality of gear that they use to be.

did you miss the post that i said the car get 21 mpg with the 4.30s and cams? 4.56 isnt that big of a jump from 4.30s

Users who are viewing this thread