Best blower for DD Car

svtfanlv

Established Member
What are your guys' thoughts on the best blower for a daily driver? Im not asking best as in which makes the most power, I'm asking in drivability.

Curious on everyones thoughts!:rockon:

Dcrypter

Established Member
I had the Roush kit on my 2015 and it was great. Drove like stock unless you put the pedal to the floor in which case you were quickly informed that it wasn't stock at all :)

That said, since I lost that one in the floods last monday I think I am going to go with the Kenne Bell setup this time. I haven't heard anything but good things about that setup so I'm sure it will be great.

svtfanlv

Established Member
Thanks! i like the Kbs also but living here in Las Vegas with the high heats i fear heat soak will be an issue especially with the amount i drive

I had the Roush kit on my 2015 and it was great. Drove like stock unless you put the pedal to the floor in which case you were quickly informed that it wasn't stock at all :)

That said, since I lost that one in the floods last monday I think I am going to go with the Kenne Bell setup this time. I haven't heard anything but good things about that setup so I'm sure it will be great.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Kenne bell's are on backorder now, go with vmp roush with a heat exchanger, they cost less and make great power!

Dcrypter

Established Member
Thanks! i like the Kbs also but living here in Las Vegas with the high heats i fear heat soak will be an issue especially with the amount i drive

From everything I've seen they should run cooler than the TVS or whipple kits which is why I am switching this go around. The slower spinning, more efficient rotors along with being liquid cooled should help a lot in preventing heat soak. The Houston heat and humidity can be pretty bad and I had noticed some heat soak a couple times in the summer if I was driving hard and hit surprise traffic.

Kenne bell's are on backorder now, go with vmp roush with a heat exchanger, they cost less and make great power!

The KB kit + install is going to cost me the same price as my roush kit + install did last year so I can't really say it costs more.

And as far as I know the kits are only about a week out right now which doesn't seem that bad. I ended up waiting over 4 months for my Roush kit(to be fair I had one of the first in the country so I'm not really complaining).

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
any of the blower kits will make power and drive great

our custom paxton packages are the best bang for the buck, but we also have some kiler vortech, procharger, hellion and roush setups as well

svtfanlv

Established Member
what makes the VMP drivability so great? even in hot temps like we get here in Las Vegas? thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread