best bikes?

4camV8

Established Member
Originally posted by AndersH
The Honda interceptor (earlier known as either VFR 750 or VFR 800) is one of the only bikes with V4 engines..

yeah, my magna's got one too, stout motor... it's no sport bike of course, but it ain't your grandpa's cruiser either... :burnout:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Originally posted by JerseySVT
Yeah, well I edited my post to include that the accident was not my fault. Just one of those things that happens. I just meant that it doesn't matter how much experience you have riding, chances are you are going to go down at one time or another.

I noticed the edit:) Like is always said, there are two kinds of riders: Those who have been down....and those who will be down.

A guy I ride with was bragging last summer that he had only been down once in all the years of riding and it was because another guy took him out in a corner. Funny how stuff like that catches up with you....he dropped his new ZX10R on Memorial weekend and busted up his foot (not to mention what it did to the bike..it still isn't up and going) and then dropped his '03 Aprilia Mille at the end of July and broke some bones in his shoulder/shoulder blade area and had to have them pinned.

The safest motorcycle riders never lose respect for the machine. You cannot be scared of them, but don't think for a minute that the bitch won't bite you if you give her a chance.

FliteQH

FOXY5OH
Established Member
Originally posted by 01BlownSVT
Too small? How small? I am around 5'11" and 150lbs and can deal with an R1 but my first bike after this winter is gonna be a GSXR 600 because it fits me like a glove when I am on it. Then its time for a 1000 and a tree head on haha j/k hopefully not. My friend has a 1000 and is 5'9" maybe if that and he does fine. I dont think he has lowering links either

I'm 5'1" and 110lbs...

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
My favorite is the 2004 R1. Its the shit. But I may be biased because I own one. Or owned one. Its going to salvage soon.:nonono: But I look at it this way. If I didn't have the accident, I wouldn't be getting a new Cobra. lol Now I just have to wait until I can drive again so I can get to the dealership to pick up my new SVT.:rockon: This bike was awesome.:bash:

Before
R101.JPG

After
CrashedR11.JPG

CrashedR12.JPG

I will bet a substantial amount of money that the R1 was your first bike.
squid.gif

JerseySVT

Established Member
Originally posted by f_rice
I will bet a substantial amount of money that the R1 was your first bike.
squid.gif

:loser:pay up sucka. Besides a lot of dirt bikes and quads, I've had a Harley and a Gixxer 600. I got my first bike when I was 11. Been riding ever since. I'm 25 now, and been racing for over 10 years. Mainly motocross.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
:loser:pay up sucka. Besides a lot of dirt bikes and quads, I've had a Harley and a Gixxer 600. I got my first bike when I was 11. Been riding ever since. I'm 25 now, and been racing for over 10 years. Mainly motocross.

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

People who learn to ride are not supposed to do what you did. Almost every single liter bike accident I see or hear about is due to a newbie who does not know WTF he is doing.

At least you are ok. :beer:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member

People who learn to ride are not supposed to do what you did. Almost every single liter bike accident I see or hear about is due to a newbie who does not know WTF he is doing.

You ever see that video of the fat guy trying to stand up on an R1 and he wrecks it? That music was so funny, and the guy walked away, so I laughed even harder (I don't feel bad about someone getting hurt).

JerseySVT

Established Member

lol I'll live. Not exactly "ok." But whatever. The compensation should be nice.:beer:

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
The safest motorcycle riders never lose respect for the machine. You cannot be scared of them, but don't think for a minute that the bitch won't bite you if you give her a chance.

Best comment I've heard from a rider on this forum yet. *gives the wave* :beer:

4camV8

Established Member
i am glad i started this thread. i've been riding a little over a year.... took the MSF safety course in June, which was a phenomenally good idea... but obviously i still have a lot to learn. so it's good to hear some comments and stories from experienced riders... thanks guys! keep 'em coming...

btw had my first close call yesterday thanks to the stupidest things on the road: 3 white-tailed deer. Once my heart started beating again, i was proud of my accident avoidance skill. I had to stand the bike up midturn, hit the brakes hard which of course locked the rear wheel, but i held it in the skid till i was just about stopped then realeased, absorbed the little shudder as the rear wheel started turning again and went on my way. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread