Best antivirus software?

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I've used McAfee (Network Associates) for years. Catches ALL the viruses and, unlike Norton, has no interactions or interference with good software.

03DOHC

Established Member
I used to use mcafee but have since moved to norton and have had zero problems. Never got a virus.

GodStang

Established Member
McaFee how ever you spell it was the best for awhile but in the past couple years went down hill and Norton has taken over. At school we have Macafee and at work we have Norton. Both hit by the same Virus and Norton killed it and Macafee let it past. Norton 1 Macafee 0. Just my 2 cents.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Originally posted by GodStang
McaFee how ever you spell it was the best for awhile but in the past couple years went down hill and Norton has taken over. At school we have Macafee and at work we have Norton. Both hit by the same Virus and Norton killed it and Macafee let it past. Norton 1 Macafee 0. Just my 2 cents.

Interesting, I've had exactly the opposite result (or at least some of my friends have); with McAfee catching viruses on my system, and Norton letting them slip through on theirs, and screwing up other programs, to boot.

So, based on our experiences, Norton and McAfee seem to be the best commercial virus catches out there....

KDog

Established Member
Norton, with automatic update enabled - for those who forget that you actually have to update the virus signatures every now and then.

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
I recently set up Symantec (norton) Small Business Client security for a client

I definately like it. The anti-virus portion is nice because you can have a computer act as a controling "server" which you can use to configure the other clients remotely. They also get their AV-list updates from the server instead of each one going to the internet, which makes same time auto updates real nice on the bandwidth. It also has the firewall portion which is the same way, but right now I'm in the process of learning that

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
I recently set up Symantec (norton) Small Business Client security for a client

I definately like it. The anti-virus portion is nice because you can have a computer act as a controling "server" which you can use to configure the other clients remotely. They also get their AV-list updates from the server instead of each one going to the internet, which makes same time auto updates real nice on the bandwidth. It also has the firewall portion which is the same way, but right now I'm in the process of learning that

I have the same thing set up for 70+ pc's and 6 servers. It really is an amazing package.

Users who are viewing this thread