Berlin Turnpike crackdown?

670 of 4993

Head Colostomizer
Established Member
So from what I've heard, theres been a huge crackdown on the Berlin Turnpike as a result of last years fatal car accidents. Between kicking people out of parking lots and dozens of undercovers, I'm not sure what to think :shrug:...has anybody gone out yet? Will it be worth going this summer? Last thing I want are cops up my ass creating any excuse to pull me over. I'm worried the fun will be over.

f2hatch

Established Member
the fun has been over for years ever since the fast and furious movie came out and made every loser with honda think he has a race car. i have gone up 2 times so far with no problems but i dont race most of the time the car dosent go past 50 mph. i go stright to bk for the sat. car show then home or dunkin. go up just drive like a old man and your be fine give them no exuse to mess with you. and ignore the ricers.

670 of 4993

Head Colostomizer
Established Member
I hear you with the ricers killing it. I usually hang out with friends at mcdonalds and taco bell, but if the cops clear the lots like they've been doing, its gonna suck. I'll be up at the panera shows for sure though.

98(oBra\/ert

Established Member
Yeah there is a crack down this year, they got granted a bunch of money to up the police presence this year.

670 of 4993

Head Colostomizer
Established Member
I think there should be more organized cruise ins and what not just to make it more appealing. Otherwise I see a lot less people going down. I'll still be down there when may rolls around

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
yeah kinda sucks for people in southern NE. Have a decent travel ahead of them for a track.

670 of 4993

Head Colostomizer
Established Member
thing is i dont "race" at the pike, its more of a social gathering. But as he said ^ its a pain in the ass to get to a track. I gotta drive over an hour to get to lebanon, and by then i'm heat soaked and cant push the car to the limits because i need to drive it back home

89boostingirl

Established Member
the fun has been over for years ever since the fast and furious movie came out and made every loser with honda think he has a race car. i have gone up 2 times so far with no problems but i dont race most of the time the car dosent go past 50 mph. i go stright to bk for the sat. car show then home or dunkin. go up just drive like a old man and your be fine give them no exuse to mess with you. and ignore the ricers.
x2 everything he said lol

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
last night was fun... saw a bit more cops than usual but no trouble here. Nice to meet you f2hatch! We should meet up again sometime soon.

BTW, ran a 600whp GT500 and will post vid tomorrow!

20-COBRA-03

Banned
how bout them ricers that take off from the light at DD and almost ram the shit out of innocent people driving down the turnpike

f2hatch

Established Member
how bout them ricers that take off from the light at DD and almost ram the shit out of innocent people driving down the turnpike

that was great if nothing else the ricers are always good for something to laugh at.

f2hatch

Established Member
last night was fun... saw a bit more cops than usual but no trouble here. Nice to meet you f2hatch! We should meet up again sometime soon.
nice to meet you guys too i am always down for a little cobra cruising.

670 of 4993

Head Colostomizer
Established Member
I went tonight and it wasn't too bad. A lot less people got pulled over than usual...taco bell and dunkin were the only decent places tho.

A84gt

Was some one from here up there Saturday night looking to race a red 84 GT that was parked in the Burger King parking lot ?

Last edited by a moderator:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
One of my customers was 1 of 4 kids in a riced up Integra years back that crashed on the pike. He was the only kid that lived and he lost both his legs. We call him Rolling on 20's. The ricers deff ruined the pike.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
Ive been on the pike several times recently, and I haven't had any problems... but then again, im only in the dd. Rice is a problem, as always, but i've been seeing alot of "new rice" create hell on the pike. There's a lot of newer nissans, infinities, subarus, and hondas that mommy and daddy bought for these kids. They are flying around like its the indy 500. There are quite a few more cops out now, but they have no beef with a focus.

Users who are viewing this thread