Bent Wheel Studs!!!!!

03TrchRedCobra

Established Member
I just noticed some of my studs are bent. 1 on each side. I can't get my prostars to go on right & i need them on by tomorrow so i can go to the track. What do i have to do to replace these things like now? Thanks in advance.

racebronco2

Established Member
Take a big hammer and just give it a few good whacks. Replace the stud, install a few washers on the stud and tighten it up with a spare lug nut to help seat the stud.

03TrchRedCobra

Established Member
these are on the backs. i was checking the fit witht them, i havn't put my spacers & skinnies on yet. earlier this week i was putting my wheels back on & the key to my locking nut broke so i went t oford to get another one & they took them off so i figure that's how they got bent. i was planning on using a torque wrench for the fronts. what is the proper torque number, i don't have an owners manual to check it. thanks

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
03TrchRedCobra said:
these are on the backs. i was checking the fit witht them, i havn't put my spacers & skinnies on yet. earlier this week i was putting my wheels back on & the key to my locking nut broke so i went t oford to get another one & they took them off so i figure that's how they got bent. i was planning on using a torque wrench for the fronts. what is the proper torque number, i don't have an owners manual to check it. thanks
I always go by 90 - 110 lb/ft when I tq my wheels on. Maybe someone else will chime in.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
racebronco2 said:
Take a big hammer and just give it a few good whacks. Replace the stud, install a few washers on the stud and tighten it up with a spare lug nut to help seat the stud.
This will work but I would like to add that once you put a large amount of torque on a lug or nut to seat in the stud you need to throw it away. The threads will be stressed and compromised so I would buy a fresh Grade 8 nut for every stud you need to replace.

Users who are viewing this thread