Benefit of "Ford Racing" whipple charger??? Name value

stvdman

Established Member
Is there any added value, in adding a Ford Racing Whipple over a Kenne Bell, Ported Eaton, etc etc?

This question comes from me seeing alot of people looking for 03/04 Cobra's that are as close to stock as possible. And seeing people so excited or impressed when they find dead stock older stangs. BUT it seems if a newer or older mustang has been modified with "Ford Performance Brand" parts, no matter a paxton supercharger in the 60's or some type of parts in the 90's, it gets more of that "oooooh its a factory part, or stock type part/car" look and comments.

So, down the road, if you or someone else were looking at two identical 03/04 Cobras except one had a "Ford Performance" Whipple and the other had a Kenne Bell (for example) would you feel ANY differently between the two? Does the "Ford" label on the Whipple give it any "Ford mystique"?
I hope this post is understandable...its hard to ask about a perceived feeling about a car.

They do look GOOD though.
M-6066-ALLP.jpg

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
I know what you are saying. I think there is some value to it having the Ford name on it for a lot of people, not all, but a lot. Hell, now that you mention this it's one of those things that I was subliminally thnking about when I got mine. I don't have anything against a KB blower but the Whipple retains the "stock" look. It's definately the best looking one IMHO and hangs right there with the KB in terms of performance.

fr03cobra

Established Member
yea ,you kinda feel it should be still under warranty with the ford name on the whipple.lol

stvdman

Established Member
evans- its that "subliminal" thing that prompted me to ask the question.

fr03- I really like that also, right on the ford performance parts website, they made SURE you understood that installing this "great" product from ford will most DEFINATELY void the cars powertrain warranty. hmmmmm, lets see, let me go to Ford and buy a part that they feel is potentially "detrimental" to the powertrain.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I chuckled at this post. But thought about it and yea I would rather have a ford racing part. Ask me why i gues yes cause it says ford. Just looks cool and have hp numbers to back it up. I do lots of car shows. I know I would stand there look at the ford racing part car more.

stvdman

Established Member
Cobra10thaniv- That was the exact response I thought I would get. A little chuckle..."yeah, Ford decides to "partner" up with whipple and offer a part thats already out there except Ford gets its names on the side" BIG DEAL.

But when I start to think about it, it reminds me of the paxton supercharged mustangs of the 60's. Whenever I see on of those at a show'n shine or something similar I always think they are way cool. So I thought maybe the whipple offered through ford would be along the same lines

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Whatever name is on it, that blower is outright gorgeous. Gotta love it for shows! :)

scootro

Established Member
haha.. nice post. just imagine if ford parts were equal in price as aftermarket. there would be no aftermarket :-D

GodStang

Established Member
Looking at the strong parts of 99-04 Mustangs (head tick, broken Timing Chain tensioners, low HP/tq ratings, wrong irs bolts, weak halfshafts, weak irs cover, broken lower intakes, gas pedal sticking, tranny problems, etc...) I would think a Ford high performance would turn me off. 99% of the time when people begin to mod they go Away from ford. Now it does help add to the stock feel but I just do not have that warm feeling with FRPP parts.

TEABG

Banned
stvdman said:
evans- its that "subliminal" thing that prompted me to ask the question.

fr03- I really like that also, right on the ford performance parts website, they made SURE you understood that installing this "great" product from ford will most DEFINATELY void the cars powertrain warranty. hmmmmm, lets see, let me go to Ford and buy a part that they feel is potentially "detrimental" to the powertrain.

If you had a 05-06 GT and you installed a Roush supercharger you will not void your factory Warranty. That is pretty cool! Sorry to get off subject. WHIPPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
TEABG said:
If you had a 05-06 GT and you installed a Roush supercharger you will not void your factory Warranty. That is pretty cool! Sorry to get off subject. WHIPPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But wouldn't that be true only if it was installed by Roush?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
All of the New Whipples, no matter where you get them, will say Ford Racing on them. I got mine directly from Whipple, and it says Ford Racing.

TEABG

Banned
CobraBob said:
But wouldn't that be true only if it was installed by Roush?

Just called Roush, it is not a requirement to have ROUSH or a FORD Dealer install the supercharger to keep the vehicle warranty.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting! When Ford is usually so anti-mods like this. :shrug:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Are you sure it was the vehicle warranty and not the blower warranty?

GodStang

Established Member
I was told the same thing by Ford. Ford installed it and everything. first time a problem came up they Voided it. We were like you did it and you warrantied it now you going back on your word. There are probly huge rules. Has to be put on by Roush or a person Roush picks and no other mods can be used.

Users who are viewing this thread