Belt wine - is this what you guys are hearing

Excessv

Established Member
I just installed my 4lb lower & 4 piece Billet Flow idler set with my Posi Ported Eaton and 2.93 upper. Here is a video of the sound I'm getting from the belt..

th_62eac080.gif

Hell I can her this over my Borla Stingers & Basani X... My neighbor ask if I put a bigger supercharger on?

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
that does NOT sound normal to me. it almost sounded like a loud ass saw of some type.
not sure what is making that noise. with my setup, i dont have a port, or a lower...just a 2.8 upper, JLT RAI, steeda cat-back, and tune...maybe that has something to do with it/the way it sounds (the port and the lower)? not sure. but...i DO know that mine doesnt sound anything like that, and to me, that does not sound normal.

Excessv

Established Member
The belt that I'm running is a Gates Micro V-AT K080785 it came with the Posi. Looks to be like new but maybe I need another belt? I haven't installed the Alt pulley yet but I have a 3.5 to go on. I did try the water trick this morning and it's the belt making the noise.
I can say that the 4lb lower changed the attitude of my Terminator :) She's a tade rude :coolman:

I just need to figure out the best belt for our cars and get a new one!

Last edited:

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
that was my reason for switching from gates to gatorback belts, is b/c my (brand new) gates belt was noisy. it didnt sound anything like that tho. it was more of a constant chirping/squeel noise.

cobracide

Established Member
That's not too bad, mine was screaming non-stop very loud. Sprayed the piss out of it with belt dressing ie. "neoprene". After it dried, the next morning - silence. Been good for a week now. It's a Gates, heard the Gatorbacks are more quiet, ordered one but haven't needed it.

Check this too..

http://www.gates.com/brochure.cfm?brochure=1026

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread