Belt too loose?

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Hey guys.
I recently installed my ported blower and it has a 2.76 non-silp billetflow pulley. I am also running a Whipple tensioner with a Gatorback belt.
I am getting a fair bit of dust off the belt, i'm not sure how much is normal with these belts and non-slip uppers.
Just seeing if you think my belt is too loose or not.
Here is the tensioner
IMG_1171Medium.jpg

IMG_1170Medium.gif

There is not any 03/04 cobra guys around me and hardly any that are modded much and if there is I don't know them. Any help would really be appreciated.
Ryan.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Looks perfect. That is about right where mine is with the same pulley and I've never had a problem. The belt dust is normal unfortunately, it'll get a little bit better as you put more miles on it.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Thanks for your input. I thought it was in a good spot but was uncertain from the extra belt dust. I have been reading and it sound like the Gatorbacks dust a bit when they break in with the non-slip uppers.
I didn't feel like I was getting and belt slip when driving.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Please be aware that the Gatorback belt produces more dust than a Gates belt under normal tension (with no slip). Not sure if that more applies to non-slips, or both types. I had a non-slip and always noticed more dust than the Gates. So I would say what you are seeing is perfectly normal.

Last edited:

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Great appreciate the post Bob. If this really starts to bother me i'll buy a Gates and try it.

Users who are viewing this thread