Belt slippage advice

still03cobra

Established Member
When it had the stock pulley and belt and my handheld car ran very strong. Now that I have put on a billetflow 2.76 pulley with 100mm snub idler and I believe 74.5 gates belts which was recommended. I now have slippage. I don't get it. They dyno shop said I need a new caged lower setup because that what my issue was. But it never slipped before that.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bigmoose

Established Member
According to cobrabobs site you should be using a 73.5" belt. As most women know an inch makes a difference.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Link to Metco site for belt info.
http://www.metcomotorsports.com/supercharger_belt_length_recommendations.htm

Picture of your tensioner and the acceptable range of belt tension.

Tensioner%20Indicator%202.jpg

cmac29

Established Member
Link to Metco site for belt info.
http://www.metcomotorsports.com/supercharger_belt_length_recommendations.htm

Picture of your tensioner and the acceptable range of belt tension.

Tensioner%20Indicator%202.jpg
That is also a picture of the metco tensioner plate. If you get a chance do some research on that piece. It keeps the tensioner from walking fwd and causing belt slip also. I never had the issue with my ported Eaton but with my KB my tensioner moves like crazy. I have one coming to solve the issue.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ctgreddy

Established Member
probably just wrong belt size. I'd say it's deff NOT the lower pulley lol.

cj428mach

Established Member
When you start getting to sub 3.0" belts it takes some pretty aggressive belt tension in order to prevent slip. I'd say if your tensioner still has the factory stop then it probably needs to be almost against the stop with the belt installed to prevent slip.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Does sound like your slippage is due to the belt being a bit too large. Are you seeing a lot of black belt dust? Was the 74.5" belt installed when the auxiliary idler was installed?

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
I am having the same issue. I just recently put the metco idlers on with the 100 mm snub. I order the brace just the other day. The only thing that changed was a longer belt and the 100 mm snub.

cj428mach

Established Member
You really need to remove the auxiliary idler pulley when installing a belt on a small upper like that. You need the idler off, then loosen the belt with the tensioner and install idler pulley while holding the belt tensioner. If you can get the belt on with out removing the idler pulley, its to loose.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
You really need to remove the auxiliary idler pulley when installing a belt on a small upper like that. You need the idler off, then loosen the belt with the tensioner and install idler pulley while holding the belt tensioner. If you can get the belt on with out removing the idler pulley, its to loose.

You should do that with 3 in pulley on SC also?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks
Is that tensioner from whipple still available?
Not sure. Lately they been only making a couple at a time. Expensive setup, but you can basically use the same belt for different pulleys. Member had one for sale in the market section.

Users who are viewing this thread