Belt Slip!! *Pics*

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Guys Im getting massive amounts of belt slip and Im pretty sure its my belt.
Here are some pics of how much wrap I'm getting and how tight my belt sits:
IMG_0403.gif

IMG_0401.gif

IMG_0400.gif

IMG_0399.gif

IMG_0402.gif

You guys think I need a new belt, some new idlers or is my idler not set tight enough?

N S

Wants to go faster
Established Member
Stock idlers look like crap compared to the billetflow ones.

Doesn't the anodization come off the billetflow pullies? Is that what you're seeing?

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Yes I plan on buying BF idlers very soon in clear but I was curios as to why the belt would be slipping so much if it has that much wrap and is very tight.

WDW MKR

Established Member
You gotta keep in mind that some belt dust is completely normal and expected. I don't see anything very excessive in those pics. Post up a picture of your tensioner so that we can see how tight the belt is.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Also, I experience glazing and subsequest slippage with Gates Green Stripe belts. A switch to Goodyear Gatorback fixed that. I am trying a Dayco Polycog with the new combo.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Im currently on stock belt :bash: but It fits fine but I will change it when I get the idlers. I will post a pic of the tensioner in a little bit. My boost shoots past 10psi but then rapidly falls down to like 8psi.

I have a tiny clip os a 2nd gear pull, unfortunatly the boost gauge is not in the view but as you can see the car seems to pull pretty good no?
http://www.zippyvideos.com/3991672353689876/mvi_0370/400k

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Question. What makes you believe you have massive belt slippage? Have you check for slippage on a dyno?

If you're judging slippage by belt dust, that method isn't very accurate since you will always get some degree of slippage with any belt.....except for a cog setup or the 10-rib setup from Billetflow. And some belts, like the Gatorback, produce more dust than others.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Well last time I dynoed was April of last year and ther was no signs of slip, recently (couple months ago) I noticed that my car wasn't holding full boost and it was dropping as I climbed the RPM's. I thought it was a result of belt slip, that coupled with some dust (I know not all dust means slip) I figured I was slipping. I am dynoing this Saturday and I guess I will find out on the graph if I am really slipping.

I use belt dressing every week and things like that but I dunno :shrug: Maybe I'm just paranoid :burnout:

WDW MKR

Established Member
The stock belt combined with that combo is likely going to slip. I had best luck with a Goodyear 4080745 when running a 2.80 upper pulley and aux idler. I believe the stocker to be a 75.5" belt.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Also, I experience glazing and subsequest slippage with Gates Green Stripe belts. A switch to Goodyear Gatorback fixed that. I am trying a Dayco Polycog with the new combo.

How is that Dayco treating you. I have had my Gatorback for 2 yrs and its REALLY time for a new belt...

dougwg

Established Member
CobraBob said:
the 10-rib setup from Billetflow.

Sorry Bob, I don't make a 10rib setup.

Although I have made S/C pulley rings in the past for Metco that were 10rib and attached to my pulley hub.

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Don't ever put dressing on those belts it will make things worse and cause other problems!

Hye

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
The stock belt combined with that combo is likely going to slip. I had best luck with a Goodyear 4080745 when running a 2.80 upper pulley and aux idler. I believe the stocker to be a 75.5" belt.

stocker is 75'

Users who are viewing this thread