Belt size and brand for 6 pound lower pulley?

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
Does a 79 inch Gatorback belt sound right with a 3.2 alternator pulley and 6 pound lower?

Silver03

Established Member
I think that belt is way small man. I have a 2.76/4lb/stock alt pulley combo and use a 78-5/8" which is tight as hell on there. I think you are going to be upwards of a 82" belt with your combo.

a94cobra

Established Member
I have the same combo. Except I have the 3.5 alt pulley. I am using a 81" belt. perfect fit.

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
a94, are you using a gates or gatorback? What mods and numbers are you putting out with the pulley and tune?

a94cobra

Established Member
The only belt in town was a Dayco. I just put the 6lb lower on, so no results yet. With the 4lb lower and a predator it was making 398hp and 408tq. This car has a CAI. No other mods. Stock exhaust.

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
I have searched and asked but have not been able to get a specific answer.
Does anyone know that part number for a Gatorback Poly V belt for a 6 pound lower with the 3.2 alternator pulley?

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
I guess that a 6 pound lower with the stock upper is not a popular choice. Most here seem to do just an upper, or both. I do not want to exceed 14 punds of boost on a daily driven car, so I plan just to keep the lower.

a94cobra

Established Member
That was what I ran into. Not a popular choice.

If you are getting the belt locally, you should be able to get one size to start with and go from there. As long as you don't use the belt, they should let you trade around. I would say that you should start with 80.5 incher. Suprisingly enough my local store had an 81 incher.

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
Hey Bob, I called Metco, and they told me that they have not produced the 3.5 ALternator pulley for quite some time because it was slowing the alternator down way too much. They only build the 3.2 now.

Users who are viewing this thread