Belt length....

STEVEOUSMC

Established Member
6# lower 3.50 alt pulley all metco just bought brand new idler kit 3 90s one 100. The belt length isn't even f*cken close to what was stated to me whats the deal..... Tried the 81.5 nope not even close.. 82 not even close and after the math from that f*cken stupid chart that's not even close... The chart stated with all add ones it should be an 82 not even maybe. A little help please

2003CobraOx

Established Member
Yeah, that chart doesn't seem to add up very well.
How is it that going from 2.9 pulley to a 3.0 adds .5" for .1 pulley diameter increase. And then it says going from 3.0 pulley to 3.6 to add the same .5" for 0.6 pulley diameter increase. That seems flawed to me. Looking at the rest of the chart it seems like you typically add ~.5" for every .1 pulley diameter increase. I would add 2-3" on top of the 82" calculation.

STEVEOUSMC

Established Member
I have searched and searched I even went as far to buy a brand new metco single bearing kit because the kit I had the bearing was getting chewed up and I tried an 81.5 fail 82 fail I have an 83 coming to my house today....

beastmar

Established Member
I have searched and searched I even went as far to buy a brand new metco single bearing kit because the kit I had the bearing was getting chewed up and I tried an 81.5 fail 82 fail I have an 83 coming to my house today....

What you can also do is wrap rope around exactly how your belt would and then measure the length of the rope required to wrap all the way around. That would get you a closer number than just buying new belts and using the guess and check technique.

mason979

Established Member
Twist your tensioner pulley to the safe zone on the little guage then wrap a string around how your belt would go and that should get you pretty damn close.

Users who are viewing this thread