Being called out by rsx..

er22bball0302

Established Member
just like the title says some local guy was calling me out and wants to put down $150...me with the car in my sig. Vs. his stock rsx...am i missing something here does acura make some kind of god-like rsx i dont know about...? Cause im pretty confident with my chances..

er22bball0302

Established Member
instantmassege said:
If he is stock........put up all the money you got. Just make sure he is not hiding anything. Those cars are mid to low 15 sec cars.
see thats what i was thinking but i lack a knowledge of import cars and for him to put up some money just kinda made me think about it...I have heard the car and i can vouch that he doesn't have any type of forced induction, was kinda thinking he might have a small shot..Could i still take him on a 75 or 100 shot..?

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I raced a stock RSX when my Mach was stock from a dig and walked away from him readily. By third I was an easy 10 cars in front of him.

Rob04SVT

Established Member
I owned a 2002 RSX Type-S, 200hp (lol), and a '99 Cobra. There is no way in hell a midly modded RSX will even come close to a '99 Cobra. The RSX Type S's come with 210HP stock, The normal ones are right around 160. With a 100 Shot he'll still get walked on, but i'd like to see the results.. Keep us informed :pop:

Last edited:

1SVT&1GT

Established Member
Friend of mine's wife had a RSX type s that she would occasionally run at the drag strip for fun. She wasn't a bad driver at all and had all she could do to break in to the high 9s. I drove the car once or twice, they feel alot faster than they are. You shouldn't have any problems with that RSX.

BrookhavenTuner

Established Member
Are you sure hes stock? if its a type-S ive heard a udp, header, full exhasut intake and hondata ECU can get them to pull 14.2-3's and a nice shot could get him in 13's rather easy.

If hes stock then just take his money and run. :)

bmfgsxr

Established Member
unless he is running a big shot your gonna take his money.. dont try to up the stakes too much or he might back out.. you could make an easy 150 from it..

Stopsign32v

Established Member
A bolt on RSX Type-S ran my 95 and he BARELY inched ahead of me. And my car was making around 200-210rwhp. LOL Man you have NO worries here. Even if he is spraying nitrous I don't see it making up the gap there will be. Especially with your 4.30 gears.

RSX is gonna get raped!

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
I would tend to say that you will walk all over him but you never know. Either he is a complete tool, or has a nice little sleeper. As was said before, full bolt ons and some juice and he could have a solid 13 sec. ride that could be enough to get you on the street. Just make sure you check his mods before racing for $$$. If he is stock, or close to stock.... destroy him, and for as much money as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread