Beer bacon music may 17 & 18, 2014 | frederick, md fairgrounds

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
This sounds like a lot of fun, but I would need to be taken out on a stretcher. Either the excessive beer would flatten me on the ground, or the bacon would give me cardiac arrest.

On a serious side, for those of you who will be attending Saturday from 12-5pm, there is a car show at the Valley Mall in Hagerstown behind JCPenney, about 30 minutes west of the Frederick Fairgrounds, directly up I-70, and then the first exit off I-81 north. The show typically starts at 5pm and goes until dark.

I would go to that but after 5PM I'll be shit-faced and I'm driving the Camry down haha.

paluka21

Established Member
I would go to that but after 5PM I'll be shit-faced and I'm driving the Camry down haha.

LOL, that sounds like the state I would be in if I went. You know, gotta get my money's worth!
I SWEAR I NEVER binge drink.

SteedaGT9150

Established Member
Was supposed to volunteer for this with work, but I'll be in OC for cruise week. The guy that is putting this on is actually one of my managers, it should be an awesome time with lots of great brews.

Paluka are you from Hagerstown?

paluka21

Established Member
Was supposed to volunteer for this with work, but I'll be in OC for cruise week. The guy that is putting this on is actually one of my managers, it should be an awesome time with lots of great brews.

Paluka are you from Hagerstown?
'

Yes sir!

paluka21

Established Member
I'm on the north end of town, I'll have to keep my eye out for you.

I plan to attend the Valley Mall car show on Saturday evening if you're out and about. I also try to attend some of Mason Dixon's events, although I missed the mother's day cruise and show.
Feel free to PM me if you're attending any shows/events/races.

SteedaGT9150

Established Member
I plan to attend the Valley Mall car show on Saturday evening if you're out and about. I also try to attend some of Mason Dixon's events, although I missed the mother's day cruise and show.
Feel free to PM me if you're attending any shows/events/races.
I'll be in OC this weekend, but would love to meet up and get a beer at some point.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
For those who went, how was the beer and bacon?

It was GREAT!! The first day was packed. They ran out of bacon fairly early that day but I ate my fair share and got properly shit-faced. The next day was a lot less crowded and I had my pick of any beer tent without waiting at all. I tried a lot of the specialty bacon dishes on Sunday and they were amazing.

Saturday night my friends and I went bar crawling down Market St in downtown Frederick and I saw two Terminator's drive by. A yellow one and another one I think Sonic Blue. One of the cars had the plate "F8LBYTE" - anyone on here?

paluka21

Established Member
It was GREAT!! The first day was packed. They ran out of bacon fairly early that day but I ate my fair share and got properly shit-faced. The next day was a lot less crowded and I had my pick of any beer tent without waiting at all. I tried a lot of the specialty bacon dishes on Sunday and they were amazing.

Saturday night my friends and I went bar crawling down Market St in downtown Frederick and I saw two Terminator's drive by. A yellow one and another one I think Sonic Blue. One of the cars had the plate "F8LBYTE" - anyone on here?

Sounds like it was a great time! Was only bacon and beer included in the price of the ticket?
BTW, nice car. Looks almost identical to the '95 I just sold. I have a soft spot for rio red SN95 cobras! :beer:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Sounds like it was a great time! Was only bacon and beer included in the price of the ticket?

Yes there was an all you can eat 2-ton bacon bar with a bunch of different varieties. When you came in the gates they gave you a nice sample glass which you could use at any beer tent, also included in the price of admission. Otherwise, food trucks and specialty food as well as other stuff was cash or card.

BTW, nice car. Looks almost identical to the '95 I just sold. I have a soft spot for rio red SN95 cobras! :beer:

Mine is always for sale if you want to get another ;)

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Went Saturday and it was OK. As mentioned, the bacon stopped flowing, but apparently it was the inability of the cooks to keep up with demand, not that they ran out of bacon. Saturday was a "stand in line" event, but that probably worked out better for me since I had to drive home, haha. Breckenridge Brewery and Lagunitas FTW......

paluka21

Established Member
Went Saturday and it was OK. As mentioned, the bacon stopped flowing, but apparently it was the inability of the cooks to keep up with demand, not that they ran out of bacon. Saturday was a "stand in line" event, but that probably worked out better for me since I had to drive home, haha. Breckenridge Brewery and Lagunitas FTW......

Breckenridge does make some fine tasting brew-haha!
On a side note that sucks about the slow-flow of the bacon. I would have been a bit annoyed as I'm certain I would have come to this event thirsty AND hungry!

Last edited:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member

Yeah Saturday was a little rough around the edges. It was their first event and it didn't seem that they made a lot of oversights. The most annoying thing for me was waiting in-line for an hour and a half just to get in. Once I got in though, the beer lines flowed smoothly. I found myself just finishing a sample in time to get another one. As for the bacon, they shit the bed on that for Saturday and a lot of people on FaceBook are giving them hell for it. However, the food trucks were fckin' GREAT! I was more happy to pay for a quality meal than wait in line for a few strips of bacon. I tried Gorillaburger (AWESOME), had a lamb gyro and a brick oven pizza over the two days. I ate and drank quite a bit :)

Breckenridge does make some fine tasting brew-haha!
On a side note that sucks about the slow-flow of the bacon. I would have been a bit annoyed as I'm certain I would have come to this event thirsty AND hungry!

Yeah the second day was no problems. Less people and they seemed to make adjustments to prevent that from happening again. However like I mentioned the food trucks were where it was at!

Oh and I can't remember the distributor but there was free root beer.... and it was sooooo good haha!

Users who are viewing this thread