Been waiting for 2 months for AM wheel to come in stock, gone before it even shows up

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
Not so much a complaint about AM, but sucks nonetheless.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-2013gt500-19x95-0513.html

I had pm'd AMWill when these were out of stock even before there was a forecasted date about when these would come in. Got updates at 6-7 weeks, 5-6 weeks until in stock, 4-5 weeks, 3-4 weeks, this week it showed 2-3 weeks then all of a sudden just "out of stock."

Before they even showed up they were pre-sold:whine: I didn't know I needed to purchase them then just twiddle my thumbs waiting for them to come back in stock, but I guess that's what others did.

All would be fine normally, but I already have one of these wheels. I bought one months ago to make sure my plans for the wheels would work, then when i went to buy the remaining 3 they were out of stock.

I don't really like any of the other wheel selections and my current tires are almost shot
7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

Last edited:

Uncle Rusty

Established Member
I know you already got a single, but another good and cheap alternative would be Late Model Restoration's SVE Drift series of wheels. They have quite a few sizes such as 18x10, 18x9 as well as 19x9.5 and 19x9... though as with the AM Wheels, they often sell out too. If your single was never really used AM might be willing to let you return it since they seem to be out of stock a lot.....

CobraRed_96_GT

Established Member
I know you already got a single, but another good and cheap alternative would be Late Model Restoration's SVE Drift series of wheels. They have quite a few sizes such as 18x10, 18x9 as well as 19x9.5 and 19x9... though as with the AM Wheels, they often sell out too. If your single was never really used AM might be willing to let you return it since they seem to be out of stock a lot.....

Thanks for the suggestions, Uncle.

Unfortunately drift's arent for me. Everyone and their brother has them and I'm not crazy about them anyhow.

CobraRed_96_GT

Established Member
Your car too slow to run replicas gt500 wheels mine as well stick to stock gt's

While I agree with you that my car is slow, I also didn't entitle the thread "What do you guys think...."

But if I did, I wouldn't be surprised to have opinions follow.

CobraRed_96_GT

Established Member
GT500's don't go around corners so awesome, which is the aim of my current build, so not much of a target to shoot for nevertheless.

Rich D

Large Member
Established Member
While I agree with you that my car is slow, I also didn't entitle the thread "What do you guys think...."

But if I did, I wouldn't be surprised to have opinions follow.

So what is the point of this thread exactly? You letting people know you don't know how basic commerce works? I just another attempt by somebody to shake down AM for special treatment you do not deserve?

CobraRed_96_GT

Established Member
I just another attempt by somebody to shake down AM for special treatment you do not deserve?

Not at all. AM's good in my book. Maybe was just a catharsis, and I was holding out hope of finding the other 3 wheels somewhere. But now I'm just going to go with a different wheel rather than do the waiting game again, so feel free to let this thread die.

bslaw83

Established Member
So what is the point of this thread exactly? You letting people know you don't know how basic commerce works? I just another attempt by somebody to shake down AM for special treatment you do not deserve?

Geez. You guys are brutal. lol

Sorry about your misfortune OP.

Users who are viewing this thread