Been gone a little while BUT BEEN BUSY!

thgt500

Established Member
Did a short pull to 5K. Everything looks dead nuts on to me. Jon's the man as usual. Has given me the go ahead to let her rip. STAY TUNED.....may blow up or may make some decent powa! :pop:

images

Last edited:

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Very nicely done my friend! Sooner or later I wanna make the switch to the 4.2 also. I'm running a 10% OD lower and a 3" (Smallest) blower pulley while spinning the motor to 7500. On the dyne, the blower never went inefficient and it hold boost all the way through the passes on the strip too. I'm pretty much over spinning it according to the info that I can find, but, I've never been one to be to easy on things lol. Good luck with your build and I'll be subbing for some numbers and graph curves.

thgt500

Established Member
Very nicely done my friend! Sooner or later I wanna make the switch to the 4.2 also. I'm running a 10% OD lower and a 3" (Smallest) blower pulley while spinning the motor to 7500. On the dyne, the blower never went inefficient and it hold boost all the way through the passes on the strip too. I'm pretty much over spinning it according to the info that I can find, but, I've never been one to be to easy on things lol. Good luck with your build and I'll be subbing for some numbers and graph curves.

Thanks man. It'll be on the dyno soon.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Awesome build! Great... more motivation for me I don't need.. LOL!
Look forward to results!

thgt500

Established Member
Awesome build! Great... more motivation for me I don't need.. LOL!
Look forward to results!

lol Birddoc. You have enough go fast goodies! Im playing catch up to you. I will say this though. KB on your car would be down right nasty! :beer:

Blower is not enough needs a shot of NOS. :beer:

Ohhh its got the juice still on it. However not going to hit it this time until built motor is in. :rolling:

Last edited:

thgt500

Established Member
Bad news update:

New stripe kit didn't work out. Stripes didn't match and my dual scoop hood didn't exactly make it easy with the skinny svtpp stripes. So guess who spent the weekend de-striping his car and waxing the piss outa it?

THIS GUY!

Hopefully dyno Monday or Tuesday.

thgt500

Established Member
Dyno has been scheduled for Friday. :pop: I did some WOT 4th gear pulls to 6k today on a deserted road... and it kept breaking my 325/50/15 MT drag radials loose. :uh oh: Pulls like a monster in the upper RPM range where this blower likes to be. Timing at only 20.

screen shot tool

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks great without the stripes. Are you going to put different stripes back on it?

cobraboss

Established Member
Yep. Just got back from body shop where they aligned the hood PERFECT. Looks factory. I see the stripe guy in next couple days. Having to adapt a BMC extreme mamba stripe kit to the hood, but should look sick when its done. No more gaps or leveling issues. They really did a excellent job! :banana:

Shots from bodyshop:

capture screen

image hosting 15mb

What was used to attach the vents to the hood? I have the Trufiber SS hood and used 2-sided tape, curious.

Users who are viewing this thread