Been a long time since ive been on here

NJredfire03

Established Member
A while back my laptop took a dump, I haven't been on here since then because I didn't like the topify app. Anyways got a tablet and back on here. Since I was last on I got my car back from Kevin Hand over at Wicked Motorsports. Got quite a bit of work done. Heres the list:

FTBR front and rear diff bushings
Billetflow IRS brace
Steeds FLSFC's
Steeda front sway bar
MM strut tower bar
MM c/c plates
TPS motorsports slotted rotors
Lethal head cooling mod
Lethal IC reservoir
JLT Gen II high boost CAI

He also threw on a polished inlet elbow for a SBTB, and he put in a MAF. I don't know which one, but its good for 60# injectors. He also removed the blower and intercooler and cleaned all the oil that was in there. I put on JLT's pcv pre filter and oil catch can to help remedy that.

Got a dyno tune done, and the numbers are low, which worries me a bit. It threw down 430rwhp/460rwtq. I have a 2.8 pulley, bassani catted x and bassani catback. He told me to get a compression and leak down test done to ensure a full clean bill of health. I haven't gotten that done yet. Winter came in quick.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the results. The tune is spot on and the car grips the road like crazy. I can finally trust the car and romp on it when I want to. The car had a lot of issues that Kevin sorted out.

Plans for spring are good ones. I'm on the list to get Yukes HID retrofits, looking at new rims, and I'm going to get the paint fixed. Not sure if I'm going to get more done or not, but looking forward to warm weather again.

Its good to be back on here.

ctgreddy

Established Member
This cold weather does suck! Which type of dyno do they have there? if it's a mustang dyno I wouldn't worry about those numbers. If it's a dynojet then you may want to consider doing a leakdown. Sounds like a lot of good mods done tho!

Blueline

Established Member
Congrats man! Kevin is the best he's the only tuner that touches my car. I'm doing a ported eaton from Johnny right now along with some other mods and I have been bugging the hell out of Kevin with questions and ideas lol. Def get your compression and leak down tests done. Compression you can do yourself in and hour with a compression gauge you can get at your local auto parts store.

NJredfire03

Established Member
Its a dynojet . If the engine is beat up I'm going to be up shits creek for a while. Won't have that kind of money. I was expecting 450-460. So I was disappointed to say the least. But man, Kevins work is unbelievably awesome.

Blueline

Established Member
The Vette was so 4 cars ago lol!!! You know me! Since the Vette, Audi RS4, OW 04 cobra, 03 DSG Lightning, and now an 03 DSG Cobra!

Blueline

Established Member
Damn man! Hahaha i did say i haven't been on here in a while. How was that rs4?

It was really a nice car. Handling and braking was incredible. I was thinking about supercharging it, then said screw it. I wanted another powerful car after my 04 so I bought a 2011 Gt500. That was also a nice car but then decided to do some stuff to the house and sold it.

Im going to see Kevin soon I cant wait. I just have to get the car back together and wait for this dreadful winter to end. :fm:

Are you thinking maybe just a reman motor?

Blueline

Established Member
Yeah, a tousley reman would be ideal. Dude you go through cars like crazy, nice cars too.

Thanks, Im just never happy lol. Let me know if you need a hand if you decide to do the motor yourself. Few other new members from NJ too, we all have to meet up this summer. :beer:

NJredfire03

Established Member
I would love to do it myself, to save some money plus get the experience. I'm close to you if i remember. That is if the engine is bad. Hopefuly not.

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
Welcome back! I'm back myself. Just sold my c6 for another terminator. Going to put a nj g2g soon come spring. Keep an eye in the local section.

I know Kevin. He does good work. He was one of the tuners we used in our local club ago tunes through a dealership we were hooked up with. We are rounding our old crew up again. Funny that we all sold and now picking up terminators again!

Blueline

Established Member
Welcome back! I'm back myself. Just sold my c6 for another terminator. Going to put a nj g2g soon come spring. Keep an eye in the local section.

I know Kevin. He does good work. He was one of the tuners we used in our local club ago tunes through a dealership we were hooked up with. We are rounding our old crew up again. Funny that we all sold and now picking up terminators again!

Im in! keep us posted :beer:

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
Im in! keep us posted :beer:

Sounds good :beer:
we usually cruise from cheesequake rest area since it's pretty central. Also downs ford is doing a show in spring too. Told one of the owners I would try and help with a showing

Last edited:

NJredfire03

Established Member
Whats a g2g? I want to be car show ready by spring. Im definitely down for meet ups and anything else this spring/summer.

NJredfire03

Established Member

I definitely will keep an eye out for anything. Kevin has his own shop now. I will not be bringing my car to anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread