Beefcake - MMR Block NON-Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

specizripn

Established Member
If the sleeves came egg shaped why would you put the motor together in the first place? :poke: something doesn't add up here :pop:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I didn't start this thread, it was a question in another thread and a mod changed it over.
Just pointing that out.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
if the sleeves came egg shaped why would you put the motor together in the first place? :poke: Something doesn't add up here :pop:

Exactly!! Likewise this has nothing to do either way with a MMR block cracking. Signing off from this silly thread.

Last edited:

Brandon Alsept

Established Member
If the sleeves came egg shaped why would you put the motor together in the first place? :poke: something doesn't add up here :pop:

Ok it wasn't by choice by any means. It somehow egg shaped to .004" out of round from the time it left CA to Oh. You know that pesky metal it does crazy stuff while it is on a skid.

They measured the block with torque plates and found it .004" out, called MMR and got the reply of it was perfect when it left, so they honed the block and got it to .002" which isn't that great but better than we got it.

poof100

Established Member

What doesn't add up is why the block showed up in this condition. :nonono:

Again, it's always someone else's fault. That's the new mantra here. :bash:

D.T.R

Established Member
Exactly!! Signing off from this silly thread.

It's hard to tell/judge who is right and who is wrong on these kind of scenarios, but why would you want to "sign off" this thread, when is the image and reputation of your company that is being judged here? i would think that a responsible and mature company would stay in here to discuss in a mature manner to get to a resolution of the issue?

CSG

Established Member
It's hard to tell/judge who is right and who is wrong on these kind of scenarios, but why would you want to "sign off" this thread, when is the image and reputation of your company that is being judged here? i would think that a responsible and mature company would stay in here to discuss in a mature manner to get to a resolution of the issue?

Agreed

by9468840

Established Member

Reason is clear. The only way to beat ignorance is by getting down to that level.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

We are going to come back in and answer this, I think you may have missed the point of the entire thread, it was rumored that a MMR pro mod block cracked, we came on to say it is not true and defend our product. As a company that is all we are here to do. In regards to the post about the block being out of round - this is 100% not true and opinion from a member who did not measure the block personally. What we can tell you is that the block is now at our facility and out of round at the top of the cylinder by over .012, the cylinder is also rusted, Beefcake personally told us the engine Hydrolocked and it was nothing to do with MMR - end of story, and that is why we do not wish to go any further with this thread - we do not wish to put down any engine builder or tuner- we prefer the old saying "If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all" - Which leads us to exiting this thread.

Last edited:

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
We are going to come back in and answer this, I think you may have missed the point of the entire thread, it was rumored that a MMR pro mod block cracked, we came on to say it is not true and defend our product. As a company that is all we are here to do. In regards to the post about the block being out of round - this is 100% not true and opinion from a member who did not measure the block personally. What we can tell you is that the block is now at our facility and out of round at the top of the cylinder by over .012, the cylinder is also rusted, Beefcake personally told us the engine Hydrolocked and it was nothing to do with MMR - end of story, and that is why we do not wish to go any further with this thread - we do not wish to put down any engine builder or tuner- we prefer the old saying "If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all" - Which leads us to existing this thread.

I agree a company can't win on the internet with keyboard commandos and know it alls with no facts but hearsay

Brandon Alsept

Established Member
You are correct I myself didn't measure the block. But, I will take the word of the guys at BES Engine Services when they tell me the block is .004" out of round. I think you got a call about the block being out of round when it was measured did you not?

Also curious about this maybe you can help me on this. If metal that has been washed in a parts washer sits around for what is it now 6 months with no oil on it what happens to a clean machined surface with no oil on it? Oh I think a chemical reaction of iron and oxygen in the presence of water or air moisture form rust. (Made sure to check that to be a FACT before posting)

What about the sheet metal intake manifold that was also bought along with your MMR heads that had to get all kinda work before it could even bolt down?

D.T.R

Established Member
We are going to come back in and answer this, I think you may have missed the point of the entire thread, it was rumored that a MMR pro mod block cracked, we came on to say it is not true and defend our product. As a company that is all we are here to do. In regards to the post about the block being out of round - this is 100% not true and opinion from a member who did not measure the block personally. What we can tell you is that the block is now at our facility and out of round at the top of the cylinder by over .012, the cylinder is also rusted, Beefcake personally told us the engine Hydrolocked and it was nothing to do with MMR - end of story, and that is why we do not wish to go any further with this thread - we do not wish to put down any engine builder or tuner- we prefer the old saying "If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all" - Which leads us to existing this thread.

Fair enough

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You are correct I myself didn't measure the block.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If metal that has been washed in a parts washer sits around for what is it now 6 months with no oil on it what happens to a clean machined surface with no oil on it?

Interesting theory, but only one cylinder was rusted - lol

But, dont believe us, like we said, we only speak facts, here are some text messages from Terry/beefcake >>

beefcake%201.jpg

beefcake%203.jpg

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
You are correct I myself didn't measure the block. But, I will take the word of the guys at BES Engine Services when they tell me the block is .004" out of round. I think you got a call about the block being out of round when it was measured did you not?

Also curious about this maybe you can help me on this. If metal that has been washed in a parts washer sits around for what is it now 6 months with no oil on it what happens to a clean machined surface with no oil on it? Oh I think a chemical reaction of iron and oxygen in the presence of water or air moisture form rust. (Made sure to check that to be a FACT before posting)

What about the sheet metal intake manifold that was also bought along with your MMR heads that had to get all kinda work before it could even bolt down?

I'm sure there is more to this story here than what I know, but what do you stand to gain? This was not your car, you didn't do any of the work, it doesn't appear to be your reputation on the line right?... I'd just let it go man, seems you're just pissin in the wind at this point. They answered the question, their block did not crack, /thread.

Brandon Alsept

Established Member
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting theory, but only one cylinder was rusted - lol

But, dont believe us, like we said, we only speak facts, here are some text messages from Terry/beefcake >>

beefcake%201.jpg

beefcake%203.jpg

Ok so I shouldn't take the word of one of the best if not the best engine builder in the country? I will let Tony know he should fly you out to show them what they are doing wrong.

It isn't my engine, or my program so I will step out of this conversation. But, myself I wouldn't let you guys work on my lawnmower. I will stick to true innovative engine shops that have championships in any arena they build in.

BESTTFMF !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread