Beefcake - MMR Block NON-Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Pretty sure I heard a well-known individual on here had an MMR Pro-Mod block crack the valley? What's the story there?

CSG

Established Member
Pretty sure I heard a well-known individual on here had an MMR Pro-Mod block crack the valley? What's the story there?

I would like to hear about this, before tomorrow if possible. Someone fill me in or PM me please.

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

There is no story, it is not true! If you are referring to Beefcake, his engine builder (He purchased a block only) did not dry deck the heads as they were told to do with the MMR filled version, they then blew a headgasket and the engine Hydrolocked- the MMR sleeve however STILL did NOT CRACK, this is true testament to its strength. :beer: People are most likely confusing his old block which was a Ford Racing sportsman block which did in fact crack in the valley. Here is a text to dispel this rumor

beefcake%203.jpg

Last edited:

Brandon Alsept

Established Member
There is no story, it is not true! If you are referring to Beefcake, his engine builder (He purchased a block only) did not dry deck the heads as they were told to do with the MMR filled version, they then blew a headgasket and the engine Hydrolocked- the MMR sleeve however STILL did NOT CRACK, this is true testament to its strength. :beer: People are most likely confusing his old block which was a Ford Racing sportsman block which did in fact crack in the valley.

Ok some truth here some not so much.

The engine didn't blow a headgasket, hard to blow a solid copper gasket.

You are right the sleeve didn't break but it measured like a egg when we got it, and even worse after a few passes. Which is what lead to the failure, if rings can't seal up it won't live. Then when you got the block back you said it was not repairable.

BobCat

Established Member

You are right the sleeve didn't break but it measured like a egg when we got it, and even worse after a few passes. Which is what lead to the failure, if rings can't seal up it won't live. Then when you got the block back you said it was not repairable.

100% tuners fault, it was either ran lean or it detonated......

poof100

Established Member

So let's summarize here:

1) BES doesn't know how to build engines
2) Lund doesn't know how to tune a Coyote
3) MMR's pro mod block kicks ass and never has any failures. All MMR engines never have any issues and never admit to any mistakes.

I think that about sums up what MMR comes up with on here on a daily basis. (Insert Sarcasm) :rollseyes

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

The engine DID blow a head gasket, thats how it hydrolocked,see text below from Terry:

beefcake%201.jpg

This is also why the 1 cylinder is full of rust, it did this because the block was meant for a Drydeck head, there was a rush to get the engine together and this was not done. The Brand new block did not ship with EGG shaped cylinders- LOL , the cylinder became EGG shapped AFTER it tried to compress water - which water cannot be compressed-lol

We deal in facts here -not silly internet arguments , the engine blew a head gasket, this is why the cylinder is no longer round and full of rust. The bottom line is the MMR engine did not fail.

We are not going to continue any further with this thread, it is not constructive and was meant in no way to bash anyone, we are here to defend our own product and if that means it is done at someone elses expense we apologize.

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
So let's summarize here:

1) BES doesn't know how to build engines
2) Lund doesn't know how to tune a Coyote
3) MMR's pro mod block kicks ass and never has any failures. All MMR engines never have any issues and never admit to any mistakes.

I think that about sums up what MMR comes up with on here on a daily basis. :rollseyes

:pop:

CPRsm

Can't blame the machinist if shit blows up during a hydro lock. Like getting pissed a piston didn't survive detonation.

Brandon Alsept

Established Member
The engine DID blow a head gasket, thats how it hydrolocked, this is also why the 1 cylinder is full of rust, it did this because the block was meant for a Drydeck head, there was a rush to get the engine together and this was not done. The Brand new block did not ship with EGG shaped cylinders- LOL , the cylinder became EGG shapped AFTER it tried to compress water - which water cannot be compressed-lol

you said new block correct. That is funny because I recall a story of the new block falling and breaking before it shipped. Then we got a used block sent to use that once got put in torque plates was .004 out of round, honed it to get it as good as we could and got to .002.

Also if we blew a head gasket I wonder how it held water on the next engine because we re used the copper head gaskets over.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We deal in facts here -not silly internet arguments , the engine blew a head gasket, this is why the cylinder is no longer round and full of rust. The bottom line is the MMR engine did not fail.

We are not going to continue any further with this thread, someone said they had heard of a MMR block failure, we came on to say it is not true, We also just spoke with Beefcake on the phone who also confirmed that the block did not fail, it is not constructive and was meant in no way to bash anyone, we are here to defend our own product and if that means it is done at someone elses expense we apologize.

Last edited:

Chris Proia

Established Member
I haven't been a Mustang owner for very long or a member of this forum for much longer but I still do not understand why MMR get so much Sh#t from people? What I have witnessed is MMR handles these attacks in a professional manner....my hat is off to them for that.

specizripn

Established Member
Lol @ 1300hp daily driver. With a good tune and smart driving the block will last with whatever sleeves you go with. Just dont be stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread