Beat an SS on the way home

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
Well i was on my way home, and i see a 2002 SS Camaro infront. We were about to go under a tunnel so i nail it. he does the same. Anyway, i just keep going on my way, and he follows me. Luck would have it that we get matched up at a light. My tires are bald(pics below) and i still got a jump on him...kinda sad. We took off, and i got 2nd but almost missed 3rd. I was still ahead!!! I think when i let off he was about 2.5 cars back, so it wasn't total distruction, but enough for me. He said he was stock.....i have full bassani and he sounded like an SLP car gone wrong...so stock he wasnt. My mods are the Bassani, a K&N, and a box tune. I currently am having MAF problems so i have to shift at 6k or less. Should be 5500, but i went a little more for this race. I think my car weighs about 4000 with me in it(im 200, car is about 3800). Anyway, just thought i would share. We went from a roll like 5 times, and he got me once(we did a 1st gear 25mph roll) and i spun until about 60, but his front bumper was about 2 feet infront of mine, so i will give it to him. So we might see an "i killed a cobra story" cause of me. Oh, and he bitch about me having a supercharger. His quote, "but you have a supercharger, and im N/A." But he was still cool. So, here are the pics.

baldtires19wc.jpg

baldtires22sm.jpg

baldtires33cr.jpg

baldtires46za.jpg

baldtires53jw.jpg

the last one is a pic of the front for an example of what they should look like.

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
also, the first and second pennies are of the two rear tires where there is the most tread. You can rub the tire, and now feel them though.

Last edited:

soccer8888

Tech. Noob
Established Member
When I replaced my rear tires two weeks ago, my tread was worse than yours (threads were showing), but it had the same wear pattern, where the inside was all worn and the outside edges weren't nearly as much. I wonder if this is a bad factory camber problem?

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
soccer8888 said:
When I replaced my rear tires two weeks ago, my tread was worse than yours (threads were showing), but it had the same wear pattern, where the inside was all worn and the outside edges weren't nearly as much. I wonder if this is a bad factory camber problem?
pretty sure its the way the irs sits on these cars...ive seen it alot!!

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
Camaroguy22 said:
Nice uhh tires :lol:

What did you mean by an SLP car gone bad?

Good Kill
well, i personally hate the way SLP sounds, and this car was like 5X louder than the normal slp car. I assume long tubes, and possible nothing else but pipes.

Camaroguy22

Slow LT1 Driver
Established Member
Venix said:
well, i personally hate the way SLP sounds, and this car was like 5X louder than the normal slp car. I assume long tubes, and possible nothing else but pipes.

I am confused? Do you mean the SLP optioned SS camaros right?...because SLP makes a ton of headers, y pipes, cat backs for camaros, mustangs, etc?

You don't like how they sound? Just curious but why? Normally those cars weren't loud at all and sounded pretty decent.

You are right the car probably had either no cat and a loudmouth (which would rasp, be very loud, and very unrefined, and probably sound like total ass on an LS1), or full exhaust with a loudmouth or etc.

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
i don't understand why ppl say "and i even had bald tires" not trying to be a d*ck but you guys realize that the treads are for water disapation only right? doen't have anything to do with traction

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
Nuke61 said:
Exactly... you were running slicks :lol1:
for you and the other guy

have you driven a cobra on bald tires? you dont hook till about midway in 3rd. You dont scratch gears...you just spin horribly. I own slicks...and what do you think happens when slicks are blad? You guys are retarded if you think that traction is not effected. I know know you dont mean to be a dick...i dont take you comment offensively because its borderline mental. Jesus....learn about a car before you act like you know what your saying.

actually most of that was for the other guy...you seem to just be being funny Nuke.

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
kyStang1889 said:
i don't understand why ppl say "and i even had bald tires" not trying to be a d*ck but you guys realize that the treads are for water disapation only right? doen't have anything to do with traction
just for you, ill show you responce to some people, so we can all get a good laugh. Even my M/T slicks have a THREAD rating. Dumbass....thread is a measurement before it is a "style." Get off the crackpipe, and learn something.

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
Camaroguy22 said:
I am confused? Do you mean the SLP optioned SS camaros right?...because SLP makes a ton of headers, y pipes, cat backs for camaros, mustangs, etc?

You don't like how they sound? Just curious but why? Normally those cars weren't loud at all and sounded pretty decent.

You are right the car probably had either no cat and a loudmouth (which would rasp, be very loud, and very unrefined, and probably sound like total ass on an LS1), or full exhaust with a loudmouth or etc.
im talking purely exhaust. Not the cars they build.

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
Venix said:
actually most of that was for the other guy...you seem to just be being funny Nuke.
That's the reason I put in the LOL... it was just a joke :D

65mph_Roll

Established Member
kyStang1889 said:

the softness of the rubber compound is not uniform; it gets harder as you get to the casing and sidewall vs. the tread. So, while the "tread", as you point out, is there for reasons other than just traction, is still a valid indictor of "stickyness”, or lack-of, remaining in a tire. The sidewall and casing are different from the tread in terms of physical properties of the rubber compound.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
how the hell does anyone in their right mind allow their tires to become that SHITTY

Users who are viewing this thread