BEARINGS: Best main and rod bearings for aluminum block?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
What is the best bearing to use for our aluminum blocks?

I would imagine that the factory bearings and rod bearings are pretty robust. CLevite and King seem to have a pretty good product too.

RBB

Established Member
Is there any special break in procedure for coated bearings?
I don’t think so. You’d probably get a different opinion from everyone you asked, much the same as how to break in an engine.

JDM recommended I put 300 miles on the engine before hitting the dyno. Around town, varying RPMs, light tip in, get the RPMs up and let engine do the braking to bring them back down.

Speedboosted

Established Member
L&M used King Bearings in my short block, but I used an iron block. Also, they said ZERO engine braking while in the break in procedure because it can polish the walls.

RBB

Established Member
L&M used King Bearings in my short block, but I used an iron block. Also, they said ZERO engine braking while in the break in procedure because it can polish the walls.
It's crazy how every engine builder out there gives different advice on how to properly break in an engine. My conclusion is it doesn't really matter, do whatever the hell you want.

Speedboosted

Established Member
It's crazy how every engine builder out there gives different advice on how to properly break in an engine. My conclusion is it doesn't really matter, do whatever the hell you want.

Probably accurate lol. My old boss did a different procedure as well on his GT500 and it works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread