Bearing noise from pulleys somewhere..ideas

moon

Established Member
noise from pulleys -- ideas

Have you guy's experienced any of the tension pulley brg's going out ??

Last edited:

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I bought a set of LFP Idler pulleys that had less than 10,000 miles on them. I was out of town when one froze up and ejected from my truck.. The pulley/bearings gave me a weeks worth of noise and they locked up. Luckily I was able to tie my belt back out of the way so I would make the rest of the trip home safely.

If this is your issue purchase a set that have the double ball bearings. They will last a bit longer than a single bearing setup.. I ordered a set from Lethal performance that should be here in a couple of days..
2010086.jpg

2010085.gif

flashlight

Established Member
You could try just taking both the belts off and spinning the pullyes by hand. It may not work but you wont know till you try.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Usually easy to find. I've had them go bad on my L and the wife's explorer. Just take off the belt and see which one fell loose and when you spin it by hand it will make more noise than the good pullies. Don't drive it too long either. A seized pulley can ruin a lot more than just the belt.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
^^ Agreed with Matt... Once they start making noise like you've suspected don't hesitate to change them out. These pulleys are reasonably cheap and easy to swap out. Invest in a decent set of pulleys or you'll be swapping them out again in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread