BBK TB help.(TPS)

ReDbALLs

show me the face!
Established Member
well i installed my BBK 65mm TB, i adjusted the accelerator line, put all hook ups correctly, but it will idle fine but slightest touch of the gas and it will stay @1600-1750 rpms in neutral. like i said i hooked up everything correctly, do i need an aftermarket TPS??? or is their a way to reset it?(already did the disconnect battery) any help would be greaty appreciated.
thanks CHris

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
you have to adjust the volts on the tps with a multimeter. not sure on the exact volts but someone should know on here.

ReDbALLs

show me the face!
Established Member
wow, i thought it was a plug and play. hmmm well what tool do i need or can i adjust it with my predator. not very mechanically inclined.
thanks for the feedback
chris

NVENEM8U

Bust'n ass since 1996
Established Member
get a digital multimeter and set it to .97-98 then disconnect the battery for 20 min.

ReDbALLs

show me the face!
Established Member
well i have a multimeter, so.97 to .98 set and i should be good. well i would like to put on original but since i have driven the car w/ the TB around town, i can tell a world of difference in the car, just idle issues after gasing it, well hopefully this works which prong though theres 3.
thks for the responses
Chris

ReDbALLs

show me the face!
Established Member
thank you i got it fixed, yeah i can definetly tell a difference in the TB, maybe not worth the 350 price tag new but used and in immmaculat shape for 180 perfect!!!!
thank you for the input/fixing my problem.
chris

SinisterSTANG

SVT
Established Member
I've heard they add a slight hp gain, and I've heard they're not worth it. Maybe just because they cost so much for so little.

Users who are viewing this thread