BBK cat deletes vs. other options

MKMotorsport

Established Member
Long story short I have a set of BBK cat deletes new, not installed yet; I bought them when I first got the car, before I joined here or knew any better...

After doing some research here it seems folks have poor luck getting these to seal to the stock H; should I....

double down and pickup the BBK 1460 X pipe? Seems like mixed reviews on whether that cures anything.. in that case I'd be re-using the stock OAP's..

Go with the Jeg's? (seems to have the best reviews), keep stock H and OAP..

Go with something else altogether? (O/R H or X complete to axle back..) Not really looking to spend more than $500, I have a set of Flowmaster axle backs so don't need an entire system.

I will need to swap back for emissions purposes so would like to keep the exhaust modular/avoid welding, also not looking to do headers at this time. Wondering if the thinking has changed on any of these parts; the threads I had dug up on BBK fitment were from '13-14 timeframe.

Thanks!

GBCoyote

Established Member
Steeda pipes sealed up perfect for me when I first started out. No complaints. I've heard mixed reviews about the BBK and that's what I went with instead originally.

11redGT/CS

Established Member
I had the jeg ones they leaked if I where you go on the sale section and keep an eye out for a lethal x they come up often!

MKMotorsport

Established Member
Steeda pipes sealed up perfect for me when I first started out. No complaints. I've heard mixed reviews about the BBK and that's what I went with instead originally.

Checking their website seems they no longer sell just the cat delete section... unless I'm missing something?

I had the jeg ones they leaked if I where you go on the sale section and keep an eye out for a lethal x they come up often!

LOL, so -1 jegs.

Usually when stuff is for sale, it's a bad sign sometimes... For example there is about to be some new, never installed BBK cat deletes for sale :D Sorry, not meaning to sound cynical, I appreciate the input. Just trying to avoid hassling with leaking stuff right as racing season is about to get going!

GBCoyote

Established Member
I couldn't tell you if they sell them or not anymore, this was years ago when I had them lol.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
I have heard mixed reviews about the bbk cat deletes. I know their x pipes don't line up because a buddy had one and he had to heat it and bend it to got it to fit right. I had jegs cat deletes and they didn't leak on me. They were paired with stock and later on a magnaflow x pipe.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
You can buy a 304ss 3" offroad X pipe from On3 for 245. Best deal out there for the money. No leaks on mine.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
I have heard mixed reviews about the bbk cat deletes. I know their x pipes don't line up because a buddy had one and he had to heat it and bend it to got it to fit right. I had jegs cat deletes and they didn't leak on me. They were paired with stock and later on a magnaflow x pipe.

Thanks, most reviews I saw were in favor of the jegs pipes for those that had tried them. Good to know you were able to use them with a couple different mid pipe setups...

You can buy a 304ss 3" offroad X pipe from On3 for 245. Best deal out there for the money. No leaks on mine.

Thanks for the suggestion, hadn't even considered On3. I'll add that to the shopping list.

Appreciate everyone's response thus far.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
My current thinking after doing some research is the On3 O/R X + the Lethal 2.75 OTA pipe setup...

Seems the cat delete "sections" mating up with other stuff is a crap shoot at best.

Feel free to critique said idea :D

9TMAREEE

Established Member
OP Id say keep your flow master axlebacks like I have and get yourself a nice O/R X preferably from lethal as mine fit perfectly and 0 issues thus far. You can get the lethal system for a good price especially if theres a sale. The overall sound will be great and swapping back to the stock mid pipe will be fairly easy.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
OP Id say keep your flow master axlebacks like I have and get yourself a nice O/R X preferably from lethal as mine fit perfectly and 0 issues thus far. You can get the lethal system for a good price especially if theres a sale. The overall sound will be great and swapping back to the stock mid pipe will be fairly easy.

Thanks, was definitely planning keeping the Flowmasters (American Thunder)...

On a brief side note... Anyone have any tips on how to get the rear 02's disconnected from the wiring harness on a factory auto car? Seems from the video's I'm watching on the MT-82 cars they are readily accessible/easy to disconnect. On my car both connectors are at the very top of the trans tunnel in a very tight spot. The passenger side is at least visible, The drivers side is heavily obscured by the shifter cable ( I guess I can drop its bracket from the trans case...) even then, it is actually facing upwards/towards the top of the car, out of visual line of sight? Hopefully I'm missing something obvious.....Trying to do this on a Quickjack (low-rise lift), so I don't have the benefit of standing under the car.

Untchbl

Established Member
sort of of topic, but I have the full borla atak setup on my 13'. This includes an X pipe that fits up to the cat pipes right now.

So that's a borla X, borla over axels, and then the atak axel back.

I too had planned on the cat delete pipes, but may just go with a lethal setup. Anyone have an idea how this might work with the borla stuff?

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
I think it would work because the borla system utilizes the same length over the axles as stock, so I think it will work the same as any other. But why not get some jegs cat deletes or pypes.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
I'm committed on the Lethal 2.75 OTA + my existing Flowmaster American Thunder ax-back.

About to pull the trigger on the On 3 X.... I will indeed toss up a few pics once I get all the pieces together.

Thanks for the suggestions and guidance.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
Well, the On 3 stainless X showed up, looks nice. Was just playing around with the dumps, not going to run it like that :D

IMG_20160331_140401254_zpsopxi4nln.jpg

Will be mating those up to the Lethal 2.75 OTA's hopefully early next week, I'll do my best to get a pic under the car of everything bolted up.

Untchbl

Established Member
I think it would work because the borla system utilizes the same length over the axles as stock, so I think it will work the same as any other. But why not get some jegs cat deletes or pypes.

I'm in the same boat as the OP in that I've heard mixed reviews about getting the cat delete pipes to seal properly.

jn2

Established Member
That looks nice, def post up pics when it's installed. I've been debating buying the on3 or the UPR x pipe for mine

Users who are viewing this thread