Battlefield V beta released Sept 6th

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Get woke go broke is a idiotic chant from millennial sjw basement dwellers living off their parents allowance and swear by free games like Fortnite and Pubg. Whenever I see people hash tag that I immediately thing they lick lead paint out of gallon containers laying around in their basement for 50 years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wtf are you talking about? I was referring to EA giving in to the SJWs and making the game they want them to make and not the game the player base wants to play.

EA got woke. Now hopefully they go broke.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I’d kill to see a Battlefield where the United States is overrun by a foreign country and you fight in locations that people in the US know.

Locations like Washington DC, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, New York City, Boston.

Make things destructible and as close to the real city layout as possible.

Make a game like Red Dawn. Homefront was pretty awesome so an open map type game with the Wolverines and the Koreans/Russian could be cool. Then they could have any race, gender they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

testorossa1989

Established Member
I’d kill to see a Battlefield where the United States is overrun by a foreign country and you fight in locations that people in the US know.

Locations like Washington DC, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, New York City, Boston.

Make things destructible and as close to the real city layout as possible.

Make a game like Red Dawn. Homefront was pretty awesome so an open map type game with the Wolverines and the Koreans/Russian could be cool. Then they could have any race, gender they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They made a MW with that. Literally everything you said lol

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
They made a MW with that. Literally everything you said lol

Modern Warfare was great but not an open world like the Battlefield series. The maps in MW were tiny compared to Battlefield or even games like Red Orchestra. The only things taken from the real location in MW was the background pictures. So, yes they did have it in an invasion setting of the US but Burgertown USA isnt what im talking about.

Im talking a full on map of the mall in Washington DC. Have the Capitol, Memorials, Museums, White House. Think Arica Harbor but with Washington DC sites. Plenty of levolution ideas to go around too. You could do a rush mode where one side is North Korea or Russia and the other is Secret Service or Marines fighting off the invasion. The other side would be them retaking the Washington mall.

Times Square NYC(they did have the cool Siege Of Shanghai map with the building levolution). Close quarters with an open center. Or the wall street district?

They could do San Francisco. Add in Alcatraz, the Wharf, maybe even add some trolley cars to ride around in?

So many good places to make full on maps of but we seem to get more and more away from real locations. Think of some of the real places they have maps of in past Battlefields.

testorossa1989

Established Member
I'm sure if you give it time Battlefield will but if we continue down this road of shame campaign I guarantee you this will be the last title they release

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I stopped buying BF games when they got away from the Modern Combat 2 template. I played Bad Company and BC2, and BF3, but since then it's just not that much fun anymore. Not to the degree I want to pay for it.

Overwatch has been more fun as a shooter honestly.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I'm sure if you give it time Battlefield will but if we continue down this road of shame campaign I guarantee you this will be the last title they release

I would hope that before shutting down the franchise and rendering one of gaming’s most iconic IPs to the scrap heap, that they would sell it to another publisher and just let Dice to do what they do best.

I don’t know much about the interworkings of the gaming industry, but the first name that comes to mind is Bethesda. With how detail oriented and customer-centric Bethesda is, could you imagine the product that they and Dice would be able to produce if allowed to collaborate?

I certainly hope that this is the last EA Battlefield, but in no way hope that this is the last Battlefield.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t know much about the interworkings of the gaming industry, but the first name that comes to mind is Bethesda. With how detail oriented and customer-centric Bethesda is, could you imagine the product that they and Dice would be able to produce if allowed to collaborate?

This is sarcasm, right?

Have you seen the SJW insanity that is Wolfenstein II, Prey, and Dishonored 2 ?

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
This is sarcasm, right?

Have you seen the SJW insanity that is Wolfenstein II, Prey, and Dishonored 2 ?

Literally haven’t played any of those. My only exposure to Bethesda are the Fallout and Elder Scrolls franchises. Wasn’t aware that they have political overtones on their other games.

helloWorld

Established Member
I loved Bad Company 2 on PC, put almost 700 hours into BF4, and put maybe 2 hours into BF1 before never playing that game again.

I am apprehensive about BF5, I will see how it turns out before I buy it.

I am in need of another PC MP FPS game. I can't keep playing CS:GO exclusively, even that is starting to get boring now.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
All these long ass winded responses about historical reality... about a videogame.

People actually play video games for realism?

testorossa1989

Established Member
There's only so much of Bf4 you can play until you can't play anymore. Plus despite the server population across consoles on the weekend, I've noticed good hardcore servers are becoming hard to come by. It's now an effort to find a server on a Saturday night with your friends.

I like modern combat genre but there's only so much developers can add content wise to sell a new title or decide to make an expansion. It would essentially be a map pack. So the reality is, if Battlefield stuck to modern times it would be faced with the decision of becoming more of a simulator like Arma 3 or release a cheesy $20 expansion. Issue there is that it's a big middle finger to everyone who bought premium to spend a additional amount to an already bought expansion pass. I think this WWll will be good. Back in the day they didn't have the graphic cards or developers to make cinematic gold that we have today. The Band of Brothers mod did well touching up on this but they only had so much they could improve on that game engine

testorossa1989

Established Member
All these long ass winded responses about historical reality... about a videogame.

People actually play video games for realism?
That's what I don't get. They need to sell a game at the end of the day, not a historically accurate depiction.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
That's what I don't get. They need to sell a game at the end of the day, not a historically accurate depiction.

Exactly if I play a game I want to have fun and be entertained.
If I want to learn something I'll watch a documentary

testorossa1989

Established Member
Exactly if I play a game I want to have fun and be entertained.
If I want to learn something I'll watch a documentary
Yessir. They even announced in BF1 that certain weapons and clothes wouldn't be historically accurate because they need to be able to create a balanced game as well as items worth leveling up towards. At least they make it so it's somewhat plausible that a soldier might customize a melee weapon. Look what GTA online did.... Added flying DeLorean knockoffs and hover vehicles with rockets.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Go play Fortnite bruh.

I do. It's quite entertaining. Hence why i PLAY it.

Last time I checked Battlefield is a Video...wait for it.... GAME. And what do people do with games?

...they PLAY them.

If a GAME is really getting to you that much, you and the NFL should start talking.

testorossa1989

Established Member
Alright now that last post wasn't necessary and too soon. Let's keep it clean here

Users who are viewing this thread