Votes: 5 5.9%
  • other

Votes: 11 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
The tru-x mated with the magnaflow cat-back has a very nice sound to it. People think the x pipe gives a higher pitch, raspy sound but I don't find that at all...mines got a lot of grunt and sounds better the more you get on it. For the price of a Borla, you can get a nice SS mid pipe and c/b.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
image.php

LOL i had to :lol1:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I like how loud the bassini is, but I prefer the sound/tone of magnaflow better. Just me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep6zpB-sEh0"]YouTube - Brians Exhaust[/ame]

03COBRA-88

Established Member
heres a quick vid i just put together
car is a ported blwoer car with 2.76 upper adn supportiing mods,magnaflow catted x,and the ford racing (borla stinger) catback

stinger guys i would say the ford racing ones aound the same as borlas dnt you? or are the stingers louder?

YouTube - cobra compilation

This is one of the best setups I've heard

The tru-x mated with the magnaflow cat-back has a very nice sound to it. People think the x pipe gives a higher pitch, raspy sound but I don't find that at all...mines got a lot of grunt and sounds better the more you get on it. For the price of a Borla, you can get a nice SS mid pipe and c/b.

I would like the hear the magnaflow x pipe with magnaflow cat back. Do you have a short video of your car?

10thcoupe

Banned
i had the magnaflow cb with maggy xpipe b4 the stingers ill post a link.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYKd7zF7lhQ"]YouTube - 03 cobra magnaflow catted xpipe with magnaflow catback[/ame]

and the maggy x with stingers

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a45QKXbU_l4"]YouTube - cobra drive by[/ame]

03COBRA-88

Established Member

10thcoupe

Banned
honestly big def between stingers and maggy cb, under normal driving and decel and idle the borla is more authorative and noticeable,louder,maggy wakes up once u get on it but i like the idea of being able to hear the exhasut ALL the time

03COBRA-88

Established Member
honestly big def between stingers and maggy cb, under normal driving and decel and idle the borla is more authorative and noticeable,louder,maggy wakes up once u get on it but i like the idea of being able to hear the exhasut ALL the time

Can you still hear the supercharger wine at WOT? I talked to someone that had SLP LM1 with a catless x pipe and he said he could hardly hear the supercharger at WOT after he put the catless x pipe on.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Can you still hear the supercharger wine at WOT? I talked to someone that had SLP LM1 with a catless x pipe and he said he could hardly hear the supercharger at WOT after he put the catless x pipe on.

I have LMII's and I can't hear the supercharger at all. I honestly kept looking at my boost gauge when I first got them because I couldn't hear any whine.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
The bassani x seems a little quieter than other catted x pipes. If your running a borla stinger c/b i would go with a bassani catted x. If i had any other brand c/b than i would get any other brand. The good thing about slp and bassani is that you can replace the cats with bolt on straight pipes to make them o/r.

03COBRA-88

Established Member
I have LMII's and I can't hear the supercharger at all. I honestly kept looking at my boost gauge when I first got them because I couldn't hear any whine.

Were you expecting it to be that loud?

The bassani x seems a little quieter than other catted x pipes. If your running a borla stinger c/b i would go with a bassani catted x. If i had any other brand c/b than i would get any other brand. The good thing about slp and bassani is that you can replace the cats with bolt on straight pipes to make them o/r.

Good info to know

Again can you still hear the blower whine with borla stingers and a magnaflow? If anything I can just throw the magnaflow x pipe on with my flowmasters for now and see if I even still want to the borla.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member

Nope, I thought the LMII's were supposed to be quiet. HAHA. I would probably kill myself with the LMI's Doesn't help that it's coming out right behind my head, but going up hills it actually hurts my ears sometimes. Don't get me wrong, now that I'm used to it I love it, but I live at the top of a hill and anyone who rides in my car plugs their ears on the way up the hill and complain of their ears hurting.

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member

Good info to know

Again can you still hear the blower whine with borla stingers and a magnaflow? If anything I can just throw the magnaflow x pipe on with my flowmasters for now and see if I even still want to the borla.

Yea as long as you pullied.

03COBRA-88

Established Member
Will any of these x pipes throw a check engine light? I had high flow cats on my GTO and it would throw a check engine light on due to the high flow cats- catalyst efficiency below threshold

Users who are viewing this thread