• slp catted x

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • other

Votes: 11 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

10thcoupe

Banned
ok out of the ones posted post your opinion and thoughts on these x pipes is there any difference in any of their sound or quality, or is a catted x a catted x......

-magnaflow tru catted x
-bassani catted x
-slp catted x

Last edited:

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
I ran a UPR catted X pipe. They are made by Pypes. no issues, sounded great and was 1/2 the price of the manufactures you mentioned.

03COBRA-88

Established Member
Great thread. I am looking for an x-pipe and would like to hear some input from others.

svt2ner

Established Member
I have the pypes catted x and love it, basically same as upr for a couple extra dollars.

KILRSVT

Established Member
i have a magnaflow catted x pipe. fits well since i have the magnaflow cb as well. going off road x real soon (upr). if your car has lowering springs be careful since you will hit the cats on speed bumps and stuff like that..other than that great sound.

Hookem

Established Member
I have the magnaflow tru-x catted with borla stingers and it sounds great. It has the deep tone, sounds like a mean muscle car.:rockon:

945LSTANG

Established Member
i would get the bassani x pipe.

you can change it between a catted pipe and an o/r pipe.

10thcoupe

Banned
hookem got any videos or sound clips?
i have the stteda version of the stigners and wnaa see if it sounds the same

ITL Cobra

Established Member
I have a UPR O/R X pipe with Borla Stingers and I have to say I am really not happy with the sound.. At WOT you can hear it for blocks

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
There is a sound board in the Exhaust section you can hear all these midpipes with different catbacks. The Bassani does make a 5-piece modular midpipe that does allow you to switch between catted/non-catted. Its pretty convenient if you like switching between the two.

But of the ones mentioned, I am a fan of the Maggie. It is excellent quality, excellent fitment, and is a true X, and not a chambered X like the Bassani. I can't speak for the SLP, I have never inspected or ran one of their midpipes.

10thcoupe

Banned
heres a quick vid i just put together
car is a ported blwoer car with 2.76 upper adn supportiing mods,magnaflow catted x,and the ford racing (borla stinger) catback

stinger guys i would say the ford racing ones aound the same as borlas dnt you? or are the stingers louder?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQadBoQfAmE"]YouTube - cobra compilation[/ame]

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I run the Bassani catted X with Stingers and couldnt be happier,I had Bassani O/R on before and it was way to loud and raspy for me and i hated the low end TQ. loss.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
magnaflow catted x here sounds great with my mac 2.5,but x now resides in my garage awaiting another day

just took cats off for o/r prochamber and now im in business sounds sweet with mac cb

black 10th vert

Established Member
another vote for the Bassani catted X. Great sound, great quality, and the option to convert it easily to an off-road, without buying a whole new mid-pipe, or even removing it!

Users who are viewing this thread